15.

Blair sipped from her glass of water and walked towards the side-stage waiting area. She was still on edge, but she did feel a little better after talking with Blake and letting Brooke fix her makeup. If you look good, you feel good. Right?

The first half of Paper Parachute's set had passed but she had the chance to watch them do one song before she had to join them on stage. Dex was the closest to her viewing spot and so she could watch him most easily as he banged his drums, sweat pouring down his back from the effort.

It was a familiar beat she recognized as one of their new songs Blake had told her about. It had a heavier sound that she wouldn't normally like, but as it neared the end of the song they had written in a softer section that Blair had loved from the first time she'd heard Blake sing it.

She took a few steps moving up the stair case so she could have a better view. Her eyes immediately focused in on Blake, dressed in black skinny jeans and a long white T-shirt, he moved effortlessly across the stage, oozing charisma and confidence. She envied the way he seemed so easily able to capture the attention of everyone in the room.

She leaned against one of the amps and looked out into the crowd as he sang.

I reserve my right to feel uncomfortable reserve my right to be afraid. I make mistakes and I am humbled every step of the way. I want to be a better person. I wanna know the master plan. Cast your stones, cast your judgement, you don't make me who I am.

They finished the song and the guitar sounds faded out while Blake stepped up to his microphone.

"Thank you Salt Lake, you sound absolutely amazing tonight!" He beamed at his adoring fans as they screamed his name. "Is everyone having a good time out there?" His grin grew as the crowd roared in reply.

"That's fantastic." He chuckled, unable to fight the smile off his face. "First off, thank you for joining us tonight! For this tour we decided to do something really special, something we've never done before." He paused to allow the screams to die out. "So without further ado, I'm going to invite my friend Blair back out here to help me out on this one. Please give it up for Miss Blair Andrews!"

The audience cheered as she walked to stand beside Blake on stage. He threw an arm around her and she waved to the fans."Wasn't she great earlier?" He said trying to hype the crowd up. Blair did her best to ignore the crowd reaction to that and instead just looked over to him.

"So we're gonna play another new song that Blair has been kind enough to share with us. This one is called 'Shake It Out.'"

Blair took a shaky breath, relaxing a little when Blake turned towards her and squeezed her hand gently. "You got this!" He mouthed as the first notes of the song rang out.

Blake's part came first in the song and she was thankful that meant she didn't have to worry about missing the cue to come in.

Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments
I can see no way, I can see no way
And all of the ghouls come out to play

Blake's voice was smooth and strong as he sang and Blair played off his confidence as her first lines arrived.

And every demon wants his pound of flesh
But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn

Blair heard the shakiness in her voice but she managed to stay on key and in tune. Blake glanced over to her as he took over.

And I've been a fool and I've been blind
I can never leave the past behind
I can see no way, I can see no way
I'm always dragging that horse around