Chapter 23 - The Puppy

Start from the beginning

I stop petting the dog and look at her.

She's smiling looks like she's really nervous.

I don't know what to say.

I've never thought about having pet before.

"You got me a dog?" The words leave my mouth like a person from Candor.

She nods and looks more nervous than ever.

I don't want her to think I'm upset, because I'm not. I walk up to her and wrap her in an embrace.

"Do you like him?" She asks.

"I love him. Thank you so much." I smile.

"How come you didn't hug me back like that when I hugged you ten minutes ago?!" Zeke says in a girly jealous voice and puts his hand on his hips.

"Because you're weird, and you're not my mother."

We all start laughing.

I kneel down next to the puppy and pick him up. I still cannot believe that she got me a dog.

I got her a cat for her birthday last year so she'd have company, so I guess that she's doing the same for me.

I'm not mad about the dog.

I'm not really that confused about why she got him for me, because I've figured out why.

If anything, I'm kind of glad to have a pet. It's going to be tons of work. But it will give me something to do.

I stand up and the puppy squirms in my arms for a minute, but then he relaxes and licks my chin.

That's going to take some getting use to.

"You still have more presents to open." Shauna says.

"Okay." I set the puppy down and follow everyone to the living room. I sit down on the floor and the puppy comes and sits next to me. I swear this dog is the cutest thing.

I pick up a pretty big sized present and see that it has a tag. It says

To: Four

From: George and Amar

I tear off the paper and see that it's some kind of pillow. It's rolled up with ribbon. I take off the ribbon and realize that it's a huge light brown dog bed for the puppy. It had dog treats and a stuffed snake that squeaks for the dog to play with.

"Cool! Thanks guys!"

I turn around and pick up a bag. The tag is in sloppy handwriting that I immediately recognize as Zeke's.

I open the bag and pull out the wrapped things, then put the tissue and bag in the pile of wrapping paper.

I open the first square shaped one and realize that it's two metal bowls with decorative bones on the sides.I'm assuming they're for food and water. The next thing I open is a book. On the front it says All You Need to Know: German Shepards. I'm guessing that's the breed of the puppy: he's a German Shepard. There's also a rope and yellow tennis ball in the bag for the puppy to play with.

"Thanks! I'll defiantly need to read this."

I go to the last gift which must be from Chris. I was right because the tag says so. She put a black bow on the top, and I take it off, but don't pot it on the pile. I put it on the top of the puppy's head. Everyone starts laughing. Before he shakes it off, I pull out my phone and take a picture.

The box she wrapped is a shoe box, but she didn't get me shoes. (Thank goodness!) Inside there is a five different wrapped things with some tissue. The first thing I unwrap is a black bone that squeaks. The next is a dark green frog that also squeaks. The third is a book called All You Need to Know: Dogs in Dauntless. The fourth is a dark green collar, and the fifth is a matching dark green leash that has a blank metal identification tag in the shape of a bone.