Chapter 22

"Ruff, Tuff, watch your backs!" Hiccup called over his shoulder to the twins before pointing his finger in a commanding way. "Move Fishlegs!"

Asta's eyes narrowed in on the giant with a glowering glare. She could feel her insides turning in discomfort from this whole situation and at this point, she was sure she was going to hurl all over Snotlout. After vaguely listening in onto Hiccup's heroic plan that had so many flaws in it she could poke a tree through it, Asta had reluctantly tightened her hold on the brunette knowing that things were about to get bumpy. And she was right cause they were quick to make a straight dive down where the Monstrous Nightmare pulled ahead on Hiccup's command and delivered a fireball at the back of the head of the looming dragon who was about to kill Stoick.

'Should've let the colossus kill him,' A part of the girl snarked. 'Then you wouldn't have to worry about the problems he caused.'

She was a cruel human being, honestly. But who could blame her?! The man had hurt her friend! Hiccup might not have said anything but she overheard a few of the stragglers back at the village talking about Stoick having disowned Hiccup, and though he was full of determination back home she's known him long enough to pinpoint when he was hurting physically or emotionally. As much as she'd like to the man feel a bit of pain she restrained herself from voicing so having to remind herself that what he had said might have just been out of anger.

'But words of anger are always the unannounced truth,' That voice continued, making her mentally frown. As true as that may be for somethings it wasn't always true word that spilled out, otherwise, things she said while angry and not quite in her right mind would always be the truth even when she didn't mean it.

We'll see if the angry cat king apologizes, she decided, tearing her eyes away from the stunned Stoick.

The sudden jerk of the Monstrous Nightmare had Asta squeaking and glancing back in time to see the gigantic dragon snapping her jaws at them. Luckily they dodged before the things teeth could catch any of them, the group crowding together in a sort of circle formation.

"Look at us, we're on a dragon! We're on dragons, we all are!" Tuffnut cheered loudly as he waved down at the crowd of gobsmacked Vikings.

'Well, not so big, bad and bold now, huh?' Asta wanted to scoff but ignored them in favor to look at her friend. "Okay, successfully divert the things attention away from the adults. What's next, Forge Boy?"

The boy in mind quickly glanced back then forward again. And then he shouted. "Up, let's move it!" And with that, the teens steered their dragons upwards in unison. Asta took that moment to glance down at the giant dragon with narrowed eyes. So this was what the thing that was the mind controller of the dragons, eh? It was every bit as terrifying as it was that night she only saw a glimpse of its head and now that she saw its body, she couldn't help the cold shivers that tingled throughout her body. Biting her lower lip Asta tried her best to rein in the curling fear that was brewing within the pits of her stomach.

Up ahead on the ice demon's back she could hear the voice of Celestia. "Fishlegs, what is that thing?!"

Yeah, the redhead mentally agreed with pressed lips, what is that thing?

"O... Okay. Um, Red Deaths, Red Deaths... heavily armored skull and tail made for bashing and crushing, powerful jaws that can crush things easily," Noted... Asta deadpanned as she gazed down at the beast who now munched on a boat. "Steer clear of those. Small eyes, large nostrils. It relies on hearing and smell."

"Right," Hiccup narrowed his eye. "Okay. Lout, Legs, hang in its blind spot. Make some noise, keep it confused. Ruff, Tuff, find out if it has a shot limit. Make it mad. Tia, try and put out the fires on the ships with your dragon, we're going to need to salvage what we can to get everyone home."