Chapter 11

The picture above is of Sunflower, edited by a friend on Quotev!

xXx

"Hey, buddy! Look what I got for ya!"

Sunflower and Toothless both looked up as the familiar figure of the scrawny boy come bounding through the opening at the top of the cliff, a basket of what she assumed to be fish on his back, a strange brown thingy in his arms and a wide grin set upon his face. The two dragons shared a glance before turning back to the human who jumped down the rocks and towards the two.

"What... is that?" Toothless tilted his head as he stood up.

"Don't know," Sunflower stood as well, eyes narrowing. "Looks weird, so obviously it's meant for you, cause, you know, you're weird."

Toothless' face dropped into a glare as he snapped around and whacked her in the head with his tail, earning himself a hiss from the female. What? She knew that Hiccup knew that she wouldn't let him put something like that on her unless he wished for his arms to be scorched off, so it was obviously for Toothless. Snubbing her nose up, Sunflower meandered over to the human where she proceeded to take the basket and drag it off to her self-claimed sunbathing rock before pushing it over, the fish falling out.

She ignored the look on Toothless's face as she began to inhale the fish.

"... females," He muttered.

Hiccup smirked lightly as he watched the male pout making a mental note to bring extra fish for the Night Fury tomorrow to make up for everything his female counterpart was eating. Clearing his throat, Hiccup drew the black dragon's attention back towards him making him hold up the saddle some. "I made this to help you fly. It might not work quite yet but it should help some. You just have to let me put it on you."

"Put it on me?" Toothless glanced from his fake tail fin before the saddle then the female dragon who had stopped eating to watch. Smirking, he glanced back towards the boy and lowered his body down in a playful manner. "Well then, you'll have to catch me first!"

And so the chase began.

The two ran around the cove for a good while as Sunflower rolled her eyes and went back to her food wondering why the male species were so weird. Maybe it was her way of thinking, but she would've just taken a bite or barbequed the human if she didn't want the thingy on her. It was quicker and easier, less energy wasting.

It wasn't long before the two were in the air, Hiccup having finally caught the dragon and placing the saddle on his back and hooking the leather strap-like-cord to his fake tail fin to help maneuver it. Sunflower watched as the two flew around, her heart lifting as she saw the possible outcome of Toothless being able to fly on his own and the two going home together. It quickly ended though in her wincing as Hiccup pulled the cord the wrong way and fell off his back, landing in the water with the Night Fury soon following behind.

"... Well, at least it worked."

Sunflower watched as Hiccup sat securely on the Night Fury's back; the boy had left a couple hours ago only to return with a belt, that's what he called it, that would clip to the saddle to help keep him onboard the dragon's back. Knowing what was going to happen she let out a loud roar, she mentally laughed as the two jumped with startled looks and whipped around in time to see her leap off of her rock and shoot into the sky with a powerful beat of her own wings. Almost instantly she felt thrill flood her senses as she zipped up to the clouds and disappeared from the view of the two males. She loved how free it felt to just fly around without a care in the world. The peace that she would feel as the wind gently blowing against her body, the misty feeling of the clouds as she darted through them. Though not down for a month, she had almost forgotten the feel of everything - the empowering freedom that made her feel as if she was invincible and could do anything as she propelled her way through the open blue skies.