Chapter 1

"Many wondered how the warring hatred between dragons and humans began. There some theories, ideas, no clear insight as history had been changed and altered to fit the needs of those from generation to generation. To fits one's ideal and to save face from the embarrassment from past relatives' mistakes... And so the ages went by with the altering of history, very few questioning it.

But a time comes when the answers must come to light. When the truth needs to come out, all the lies ripped into the open. And it is many years later when one strange boy befriends two dragons that all learn...

How It All Began..."

Dragons.

Creatures of fire and death.

Bringers of chaos and destruction.

Humans.

Creatures of greed and selfishness.

Bringers of hate and lies; hungry for power.

It was said that the war between humans and these powerful beasts had been going on for ages. But it wasn't always that way... Both sides had gotten along wonderfully at one point of time, years upon years until discovered the power of one of the species and decided he wanted it for his own; but his quest for the beasts' power did not come until later... At the beginning of his tyrant days, he just wanted to rule over his village, to show them that it was a mistake in choosing his cousin. For the girl he loved choosing his cousin. For killing his bastard child and parents. He wanted to rule and make everyone pay.

For revenge.

He went to other islands. Enlisting the help of other Vikings in his forming army to fight and take back what was 'his'. He claimed to be a king who was away from his kingdom on a trading trip when a clan of Vikings came and took it over. Very few questioned it and followed him after the promise of riches and life stock for their villages, all unaware that of his alternate motive.

The war waged on for a year before his cousin had fled, leaving him to the throne. After becoming king, he killed off those who helped in the war and sent back one survivor of each clan to spread the word of his reign and that if anyone dared to challenge him, they too would meet the same fate. And no one dared. He was feared. A tyrant. Anyone who stood up against him was slaughtered publicly as an example.

For years he sat on his throne and used fear as his weapon. And in those years, he started to grow bored of ruling such a small village with people who did nothing but cower and do as he said - they had no will of fighting back anymore, it wasn't fun. He began to lust for power. The thrill of watching others wither under his greatness. And so he began to seek after other kingdoms and villages, taking them by storm, gaining more power in the fear behind his name and the unstoppable armies behind his command they grew with each victory. It was bloody, but in the end, everything fell into his hands. And again, he cast fear into hearts of many, growing more and more insane as he looked for power and more villages to conquer... until one day he sailed the seas with a small army made up of his strongest, and bloodthirsty men, and came upon an island.

It was a rather round island, similar to an oval shape. It contained many interesting geological land-forms such as rocky arches and cliffs, beaches, waterfalls, streams and several large forests. A forming village could be seen if you looked closer, but still in progress. The people who inhabited it were big and bulky, fearsome-looking in their strange dress wear. They looked like your typical Vikings, but much more determined. But what was the most eye-catching was the large, majestic lizard-like beasts with wings that freely roamed the skies.