Chapter 7

Hiccup had a headache.

And a minor panic attack.

How was he supposed to leave the village in the morning with a giant red catlike winged reptile following after him? He was already in over his head with harboring two dragons in the woods. If his father, or anyone, were to find out about them they were dead. He was dead. No, he'd be publically humiliated, then banished from the village and branded as a traitor to all Viking kind, then hunted down and killed by anyone who found him.

'You could always leave,' That little voice in the back of his head whispered. 'Fake your death and leave.'

No... He couldn't do that.

He wouldn't survive out there that long without proper planning and the necessities he needed. He wasn't even sure either dragon would stick around once they could fly again.

With a loud sigh, Hiccup tightened the last bolt and grinned, eyes lightening up as he stared at his finished piece of art. "There, I'm done... now hopefully this works."

Sunflower blinked and looked over from her curled up the spot in the corner, a small pile of fish in front of her, cooing softly to herself as she glanced. Eyes zeroing in on the thing in his arms which had her head tilting to the side like a curious cat. Letting out a coo, she drew Hiccup's attention towards her where he followed her gaze towards his arms.

"What's that?" He could practically hear her question as she let out a curious croon. Turning, Hiccup held up the fake tail fin. "This... this will hopefully help Toothless fly. Gobber, my... teacher, said something that gave me an idea. A dragon damaged or without wings or a tail was pretty much a goner and since he's missing part of his tail fin... Why am I talking to you, you probably don't understand."

"Hey!" Sunflower gawked at him almost insulted, tail flicking irritatedly. "I am not an idiot! I might not be an expert in meat stick things, but I'm still smart! Do YOU have any idea how insulting—!!"

"—Shhh!!" Hiccup ran over and covered her mouth as her growls and mini roars grew louder. It was clear she was insulted by what he said if her expression wasn't one of the things to go by. "You have to be quiet! Gods, if anyone on this island finds out about you, you're dead. I'm dead. So please, do us both a favor and stay quiet."

Sunflower just went stiff, her big eyes widening and blinking innocently as she tilted her head. Hiccup let out a huff as he went over to his desk and set the prosthetic tail fin on his desk. He smiled as he glanced over it; it wasn't as neat as the real thing, but hopefully, it'll work. Glancing back at Sunflower who was now inhaling the fish he gave her, Hiccup couldn't help but compare her tail fins with Toothless', as well as there appearances.

Whereas he had more of a sharp tilted line before it spiked out at the end, hers were flowy and extended out lounger in elegance, almost like ribbons.

He had tried to picture the male dragon with a tail fin like that, but the result just ended with him wanting to laugh. Now that he got a good look at the female though, he began to take notice of the little details that rendered her different from the male Night Fury. The color, for one, it reminded him more of a fire than the night. Her scales were smooth and almost diamond-shaped whereas the male's rounder and more noticeable, hers also gleamed like someone took a bunch of diamonds and shaved them into a fine glittering powered before dusting said powder all over her body.

Her ear antennas were a little longer and almost pointed, she was also slimmer and smaller than the male as he was more burly and muscular, though much slimmer than most other dragons Hiccup has seen. Their wings were the same and the shape of their bodies, faces and everything else were almost identical, but those few differences he noticed made Hiccup wonder if Sunflower was actually a Night Fury.