Chapter 5~ Forbidden Love

"So, where's the showering area?" I asked my guard.

"Well actually, Dr. Brington needs to speak to you first."

I scoffed. "Doctor? Why the hell do I need to talk to a doctor?"

"All patients talk with him. He's like a psychiatrist." My guard said.

"Here's his office. Go inside." He pushed me in the room and shut the door.

"Hey, I'm-"

"I know who you are." He interrupted.

He spun his chair around and stared at me.

"Please, take a seat."

I sat down on the extra chair on the opposite side of his desk.

"Why am I here?"

"Because, I need to speak with you about why such a young boy is in a mental institution." He spoke softly.

"An asylum. You mean a damn asylum. Don't sugarcoat it with that 'mental institution' shit."

"I see you're not a very pleasant boy." He sighed. "I'm here to help you Robert. I really am."

"I don't need your bullshit help." I spat.

"Okay, we can just sit here and stare at each other then." He said.

A few seconds passed of the awkward silence.

I breathed in slowly.

I look up at him as he leaned in clearly thinking I was ready to talk.

"Ok, I'll tell you my story."

*

"Vicky!"

I turned around.

"Yes?"

"I found your copy of Romeo and Juliet in the lunchroom. You must've left it in there while you were cleaning tables." Jade said.

"Ah, yes. I was reading it as I cleaned. Silly me." I giggled.

"Did you not read it as a freshman in high school?" Jade mocked.

"Yes, I did. But I just loved the story of forbidden love. The pair of star crossed lovers that take their life. I just simply loved the tale. So I bought myself a copy." I babbled.

"I see. So you just reread it?"

"I figured the more I read it, maybe the more I'll have a love like Romeo & Juliet." I awed.

"Yes, because everybody wants their boyfriend to poison themselves because they think your dead and then you end up stabbing yourself actually dying. Perfect ending." Jade spoke.

"Whatever. It's romantic."

"If you say so."

"I need to go check on Robbie." I said.

"Oh you mean your Romeo?" Jade giggled.

"No! Jade. He's a patient and I am his nurse." I said.

"Talk about forbidden love." Jade said as she threw her head back cackling.

"Good bye." I said sternly.

"Go girl, seek happy nights to happy days." She said quoting Romeo and Juliet.

I rolled my eyes and walked off.

*