Chapter 4

Robbie's P.O.V

Sometimes I wondered why I was in this place, then other times I knew why. They say I'm crazy. I really don't like the word "crazy" I prefer "different". The scariest thing about living in a Mental Institution is wondering if you're actually mental. Think about it, an actual insane person could be running this place, passing people off as what I like to call "different".

Who do you turn to when everyone thinks your bonkers? The more you scream "I'm not crazy let me out!" The more you seem crazy. Different people don't know they're different. That's what makes them different, that's why they're in this shithole.

Who exactly does run this place? Satan? It sure seems like it. The only normal one here seems to be Victoria.

Just the thought of her name made his heart flutter.

"She really is something." He whispered.

"Hey!" The guard banged on the bars with his stick.

"It's quiet hour. That's means you stay silent for an hour! Understand?" He said in a stern voice.

I shook my head yes and grabbed my note book and began to write poetry.

I used to read Edgar Allan Poe's stories in school, I always thought it was fascinating to read a story from someone who everyone thought was different.

I breathed out heavily, earning a look from my guard, as I jogged down some words that came to me.

*

"Vick!" I whipped around as I was cleaning off tables.

"Yes?"

"It's time for Robbie's bath. Go notify his guards and then you will tidy up his room." Mrs. Silvers said.

"Yes ma'am." I said as I nodded in acknowledgement and went on my way to Robbie's cell, which I might add is on the complete opposite side of the institution.

Robbie didn't seem like the other patients. He didn't seem crazy he just seemed different.

Maybe it's cause he's so young. A voice in my head spoke.

Or maybe it's because you like him. Another said.

"Ok, enough." I spoke as I reached Robbie's cell.

"Gary, it's time for Robbie's shower. Please take him to the showering area and let Lance take care of him. Thank you."

Gary grunted as Robbie rose from his bed setting his notebook on his dresser as he exited the cell with Gary.

I slid in and striped the sheets and removed the notebook to dust off the dresser, as I grew curious.

What is in that book? My thought wondered.

No, you can't read it. It's invasion of privacy.

But it's also just sitting there. Out in the open, no locks, no key.

I carefully grabbed the book and opened it to the first page. It was blank. I flipped to the second. Blank as well.

I continued flipping to every page until I found what looked like a poem on the last page.

It read:

Long hallways,

White doors,

Stone wall,

Tile floors

Trails of blood,

Patients screaming in pain,

They all wonder,

How they went insane

Asylum, asylum, that is your name-

The voices are hushed,

It is all just a game,

Running and playing and hiding and seeking,

Behind closed doors,

Never know who is peeking.

R.K

___________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated this in a while I've just been busy with stuff. But I hoped you liked this chapter!

The poem is actually mine in case you were wondering about that. I wrote it awhile ago and I thought it went well with this particular story.

Thanks for your positive comments and feedback! Keep it up! Love you lots!