Chapter 8

" I don't know, Mr. Kay. What do you think I should do?" I asked. I feel like I can really talk to Robbie. He possibly understands me more than I understand myself. I know that sounds crazy being that I've only known him a few days but there is just something about him.

Robbie looked at me with his piercing green eyes. They seemed to be even more green than usual. He really was beautiful. As if God himself hand carved his face. It's honestly ridiculous.

"Whatever you want to do, Ms. Waters. What could possibly be holding you back from a date with an attractive security guard?" He said as he smiled.

I gave him a hard look. How could someone so pure and beautiful be in here for something so awful?

"Hello? Did you hear me?" Robbie said as he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Oh, no. Sorry. My mind was lost." I spoke.

"I said why are you staring at me. But now, I much rather know what you were thinking about while staring at me." Robbie looked confused.

"Nothing. I was just lost in space." I said as I stood up.

Robbie stood up as well towering over me and standing extremely close. He leaned his face in and whispered "Victoria, what were you thinking?"

Shivers went through my body as his hot breath touched my ear. I locked eyes with him. "Nothing Mr. Kay." I wanted to move away. No I needed to move away, for my job's sake. But I simply could not. It was like I was in a trance.

Victoria, you don't know what he did to get into this hell of a place. My brain yelled. And yet, I didn't really care either. I began to lean in wondering how it would feel. Our lips touching. I wanted to kiss him and I was pretty sure he wanted to kiss me as well.

And then my worst fear came true. He rejected.
"You should probably go."

With that one sentence I felt my heart shatter.
"What, why?"

"I don't need you. So there is no reason for you to be in my cell." Robbie said bluntly.

I felt anger rising to my face. "You're correct, Mr. Kay." I spat.

I swore for a second I saw hurt flash in his eyes, but he quickly recovered it with a smug grin on his face. I began to walk out of his cell before I turned around and said

"Oh, and just in case you were wondering. I am going on that date Friday night. Have fun in this cell." And grinned at him before I sauntered off down the hallway.