Chapter 9

Who the hell did Robbie think he was? He was such an arrogant sun of a bitch. But then again, why was I such an idiot as to think he wanted to kiss me? Why did I want to kiss him? We've only known each other for a week so what would be the point in getting mixed up in a psycho? God damn it. Why was he so beautiful? And why didn't he want to kiss me?

I knew what I had to do. Forget about him and go out with Kevin. I mean he was a hot security guard who asked me out on a date. What's the worst that could happen?

"Hey Kevin!" I shouted as I saw him standing guard at on of the patients cells.

He turned around and smiled wide at me. "Victoria! Where have you been?"

I thought back to what I had been doing. Having a stupid pointless conversation with Robbie. "Oh nothing. Dealing with one of my patients." I said as I smiled.

"Which one?"

"Mr. Kay." I spoke. Even his name took effect on me. But like I said before, he is psychotic. And I have no desire to be in a relationship with a psychopath.

"Vicky, I really don't think you should be with him alone. You know? How about next time I go with you? I don't trust him and I don't want to see you hurt." Kevin said.

"Oh, so I see you're the protective boyfriend type?" I teased.

Kevin's eyes lit up. "Boyfriend? When was this established?"

I suddenly realized what I had said. "Oh that's not what I meant. I was just saying that you're protective and then my mouth got ahead of me and then-"

Kevin put his hand over my mouth. "Vicky. Shut up." He said as he removed his hand from my mouth and kissed me.

*

I don't know why I always have to do that. Here I am sitting in my cell with no one to talk to because now Victoria won't talk to me. How shitty is that? I know I was being a dick, so in a way I deserve this. I really do like her. She's absolutely breathtaking. Her brown silky hair and the way it sways as she walks. And don't even get me started on her nurse uniform. My thoughts escaped me as I heard a giggle come from the hallway. I got out of my bed and went to the cell bars and peered out. And there she was.

"Kevin stop it!" She said as another giggle took place. "Mr. Kay, Dr. Brington wants to see you. Something about you can go eat lunch with the other patients now."

Victoria unlocked my cell door and came inside. Kevin stayed outside guarding the cell but keeping an eye on Vic.

I took a step back. "And why in the hell would I want to do that?"

She looked back at Kevin and said,"Hey, I got it from here. Why don't you go help Jade with Mark?"

Kevin sat there for a moment before saying. "Okay. Holler if you need anything."

Victoria nodded and he walked away. She took a few steps closer to me as I stepped back head hanging low.

"Robbie." She whispered.

I looked up at her but said nothing.

"Look, I'm sorry for the fight we had. I'm sorry for raising my voice at you and I'm sorry for rubbing Kevin in your face."

She put her hand on the side of my cheek as my jaw clinched.

"I forgive you." I said and then I kissed her.