Chapter 3

"Do you want some?" Robbie asked me.

"No, I've already ate." I said.

"You know, I'm not as bad as they say." He said as his hand rested on my thigh.

I shot up. "Don't touch me."

"Geez, live a little will ya?" He said as he placed his tray on the floor and laid down on his bed.

"I'm going to go now, I will see you in a few hours." I said.

"Do you have to go?" He asked while still lying on the metal bed.

"Yes, I'll be back later on." I turned around and walked out of his cell and down the hall.

I actually felt bad for him, I didn't know why he was in here. No one did. Well not any of the patients or employees did. I could ask Robbie, but that's against the rules. He would probably blow up on me anyway.

"Victoria! Get to Robbie's cell right away!" The intercom said.

I looked up at the intercoms and turned around and sprinted to Robbie's cell.

What could be wrong? Was he hurt? Did he hurt someone else?

I saw Robbie and another man in his cell, he was pinning another patient up against the wall.

"What the fuck did you say!?" Robbie screamed at the guy.

The patient didn't say anything, he just looked into Robbie's green eyes, not speaking a word.

"Robbie! Put the man down!" I screamed at him. Security ran in trying to pull Robbie of the man.

They slammed Robbie on the bed and carried the patient out of them room, kicking and thrashing. Robbie lunged at the security guard but I grabbed his shoulder and set him on the bed.

His hands were shaking with anger, his knuckles were bloody. Jade came in a few seconds later.

"What the hell is going on?" She whispered.

"Get out!" Robbie yelled as he stood up to remove her from the cell. Jade scurried away as I grabbed Robbie again.

"Robbie look at me." I said.

He refused to look at me.

"Calm down."

He kept pulling, and I began to panic. I didn't know how to control a 18 year old psychotic.

I grabbed his face and pulled it to me, resting his forehead on mine.

"Look at me. Only me."

He began to breathe slowly.

"Breathe, calm down."

I hugged Robbie and just sat there with my arms wrapped around him. I didn't know what exactly I was doing, but I hoped it would work. I felt his body tense, but then he quit fighting it and he wrapped his arm around me. I rubbed his back and he pushed the hair out of my face. I pulled away and looked at him.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah."

I cleared my throat, and awkwardly turned away.

"Vicky?"

"Yes?"

"Did I scare you?" He asked me, fear in his eyes.

"No, I'm not sure what he said to you, but I'm sure he deserved it." I said and gave him a smile.

He smiled back and I walked out of his cell.