Chapter 22- We are Heron and Pez. Great

"Hey Nyra", Liam says walking upto me towards my locker.

"Hi Anderson"

"Since when did Anderson replace Liam?"

"I like calling you Anderson, it is better than Liam"

"Then I should get to call you something too"

"No, I have a nice name and my last name is well....my last name sounds weird when you guys say it with your accent"

"Not fair. I'll get the weirdest name to call you."

"Let's see what cringy name you come up with. You have until lunch", I say and walk towards my next class. I smile all the way to class and I am kind of excited to see what name he decides. 

I couldn't sleep last after he left. It felt like I had just replayed that night all over again, relived it once again. But Liam fucking Anderson has never dated? How couldn't any girl fall for those blue eyes, that beautiful face, that pure heart. His attitude is a problem but I am beginning to love his attitude too, I have the same level of attitude.

My psychology passes by quickly. I hate that whichever subjects I like seem to end so quickly while the ones that bore me seem to go on and on and on, like algebra.

I find Emily by the lockers before going to the cafeteria. I decide to tell her what happened yesterday with Liam, because she is the closest here. I am sure everyone will eventually find out but I need to tell someone and she is amazing at keeping secrets.

"Hey Em"

"Wassup"

"I need to tell you something, but promise that you won't tell anyone"

"You know I am great with secrets"

"Liam asked me out yesterday."

I cover my ears and wait for her to scream loudly. That scream does not come. Just as I uncover my ears she screams. I knew it!

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!", she shrieks.

"Keep it in your pants girl"

"Tell me everything bitch", she demands.

"Come over after dance practice? I can't tell you in front of everyone"

"Done."

We both walk towards our fixed table and sit down. I see Emily wink at Liam, she literally winks. Oh god. Liam looks horrified. I have to keep reminding myself that Liam is just as awkward as me. I hit my head on the table and instantly regret doing it because it hurt and everyone on the table looks at me.

"Something wrong Pez?, Liam asks.

"Huh? What the fuck is pez?

"It is something you call short girls. You aren't very tall are you?"

That son of a bitch. He says it front of everyone and no one is discreet in hiding their emotions.

"I am not short, I am average for an Indian girl.", I glare at all of them which shuts them up.

"Sure", Wesley mutters but shuts up soon after I look at him.

"So you think you are tall?"

"At least taller than you, Amy and Jake"

"Fine. Then I change your nickname to......Heron. Heron it is.", I say after a lot of thought. 

Liam scowls at me while the others judge the names. The still don't find him that tall, he is shorter than Wesley and Andrew. But eh, who cares. We are Heron and Pez. Great.