Chapter 49- *No title*

The teachers look so annoyed after being unable to find their stuff to teach. Some teachers honestly seem to enjoy the hide n seek. They rush around around the school asking other teachers if they have their drawers. It was like watching a group a new kids trying to find their classrooms, asking each others. It was so fun to watch them all running here and there. 

This took place for like 15 minutes but then the teachers turned out to be smarter than we expected. They went to the speaker room and one by one they announced their belongings which were in their drawers so that their drawers could be returned to them. That is actually very smart. And like within 45 minutes to 1 hour all the drawers are returned to their respective desks. We got to skip only 1 lecture but that was enough for most of us while we howled around school. I am never forgetting this euphoria I am feeling doing this prank with the entire batch. This is probably the only time the whole batch is in cohesion and is happy.

Today I do not have have dance practice, Liam, Wesley and Andrew also do not have their football practice as today there are selections for all extra-curriculars. This is the time for all freshmen students to try out for different teams and try to replace the seniors who have passed out. Luckily, Emily's birthday is also today so we all can go to her party, which Ian has arranged without feeling tired. I can't believe it was just 1 year ago I moved here and started school and here I am now, in  my final year of high school. I don't even remember wish Emily a happy birthday last year, forget about getting a gift or going to her party.

This year I made her a small gift basket with her favourite chocolates, face masks, soda, a scrunchie  in it. Its small but cute n personalised. Liam has decided to contribute in my gift itself because he doesn't know what to get her. I swear watching them argue is an entertainment in itself.

Ian has taken up the responsibility to decorate her house along with Emily's parents. When we go over, her brother is dressed up very well, better than usual, probable threatened by their mom to act well and dress well cuz its her birthday. My mom tells me the same when its my sister's birthday. Wesley literally gets her a periodic table for her as a gift because she loves chemistry, Wesley and his humour go side by side. Honestly I like how none of us except Amy are like big party animals and like small get togethers for birthdays instead of huge ass parties. 

Amy has brought her boyfriend as well and he is actually really cool. He is the school's basketball team, so he's really tall. Its really stereotypical but he really is. Both Ian and Emily are in a corner dancing. There are both heads over heels for each other and its really cute to see them. I feel very proud for introducing them to each other. I was kind of their wingwoman but not really. He really bought a cake with a periodic table on it for her, chocolate flavour. Her parents got her the '17' balloons in golden colour with black streamers in the background. It was a very pretty set up.  Emily actually didn't come to school today because she wanted to have lunch with her family as well in a nice restaurant. 

Liam still gets awkward around Emily's brother but according to what the others have told me he much less angry and awkward than he originally was. I see them talking to each other in another corner near the rectangular dining table, their expressions and features highlighted under the light of the immensely resplendent chandelier. Liam seems to loosen himself as time passes.

Emily has decided to go to everyone to talk to them and thank them. I have actually rarely seen her with makeup but today her dark eye makeup is bringing out and highlighting her chestnut eyes, he cheekbones are being clearly seen with the help of a bronzer. Amy really forced her to put all that. We talk about school and it something interesting happened and the rest of the night was passed dancing, eating and talking.

      ************************************************************************************

I had my SATs today. I have been working my ass off for these. I don't need my SAT scores to get into Juilliard but then I can't be too overconfident that I'll get it. So I will be applying to other universities as well and I need SAT for them. I have a feeling I did pretty good. But whenever I think that it ends up going bad. But they were actually easy and I completed it before time like every other paper. Reading and the language were the easiest. Math was somewhere in between- neither too tough nor unchallenging. Now I can focus on my final year studies and my Statement Of Purpose instead of this SAT which should have been done long back.

Liam is on the phone telling me his SAT experience and how one guy got caught cheating....talentless. He and all others took theirs last year. I tell him how mine went and we have nice talk. Its 10:30 at night and we are talking when we suddenly his mum scream. He hangs up immediately to rush to her. Is this one of those fake calls or is she in labour? I pace around my room, playing games on my phone to distract myself.

I decide to go to sleep even though I know I won't be able to sleep till I know what happens. My phone vibrates and I see a text from Liam.

"The baby is coming"

                                                         *****************

A/N

The baby is coming. Drop is guesses for the baby's name.

Sorry for a short chapter.

I love y'all, stay safe and pray for India. Do comment and vote.

XOXO