Chapter 55- I'd rather remember Zach Effron from HSM than Baywatch

My family is not usually excited about New Year's eve, they have never been. Even when we were in India, we didn't go out for parties. Only every alternate year when some friend of dad's decided to call everyone at his place for the eve. We usually spent it watching some random movie or award shows while eating Pizza and some nice cake. I mean when I saw my friends go out and have fun it did bother me a little but not so much. I have realised that my parents too have let loose after coming to America.

They themselves are going to some party organised by his colleague and taking Yana with them. I am going over to Amy's for a nice girls only sleepover. Someone from school has a party over at his but we are not in the mood for a party. I'll be doing the same thing I did in India here, but instead it will be with my friends instead of parents. Amy has kept the possibility of going to the party for a few free drinks open just in case she feels like getting drunk. We watch High School Musical 1, who doesn't love young Zach Effron and then we decide to watch Love, Simon. I'd rather remember Zach Effron from HSM than Baywatch which I am assuming today's kids will remember him from. I am very pleased by the fact that Love,Simon hasn't misrepresented the LGBTQA+ community in the movie and its quite fun. The Pizza as finished before our second movie started. Even Liam is spending New Year's eve with his parents and sister. The New Year's kiss would have to wait till tomorrow morning or evening. I wanted to experience the mistle-toe kiss but well we have a lot of time, maybe next year.

We play some loud music and dance to bollywood songs to it till about 3am before going to sleep. As expected, we wake up few minutes before 12 in the afternoon. Guess I am going to wake up late for the entire coming year, not that it is anything new for me. I wake up late almost everyday. Emily rushes of quickly because she has lunch plans with Ian, so that they are together for the entire year. Amy doesn't have plans until the evening so I brush my teeth slowly before leaving. Liam will be coming over for dinner tonight at my place, along with Emily and Wesley because she is making pav bhaji. She always remembers Wesley when she makes it and his cholesterol remark.

                                                                               ************

Liam places an envelope in front of all of us in the cafeteria. We all  look at him quizzically for him to explain what it is before we open it up.

"Just open it up and see for yourselves!", he exclaims, unable to hold in his excitement. Wesley takes up the initiative to open it up and read what's inside.

"Mr Liam Anderson. Congratulation you.......", he completes the remainder of the letter himself by making a buzzing sound while going through the letter.

"Tell us you asswipe", Emily says and raises his eyes up slowly from the paper.

"My boy Liam here has been accepted to study at the very precious university UPEN", he says with a huge smile on his face and we all cheer upon hearing the news. I jump on to him as he is sitting besides me. This has been his dream since the past 3 years to get into UPEN and train there and now his dreams are finally becoming true! I probably can't imagine what he is going through, probably the same thing I'll go through when I get into Juilliard. Normally acceptance letters come in March or by April but since he applied for early admissions he is already accepted, like all of us had expected. Who would reject a student with such good academic records and an amazing soccer history? No one, they'd be dumb to reject him. 

"We deserve a party from Mr Anderson!", Jake starts and we all start banging the table while chanting 'party'.

"Tonight at Addison's, my treat", Liam finally says and we let out a huge cheer.

"Someone's going broke tonight", Andrew says and we all laugh. It is counted as one the expensive restaurants here, I have never been. I am pretty sure I am going to have problems to find vegetarian food but I'll adjust with something small since everyone seems pretty excited and I don't wanna ruin it.  

Emily has decided to take part in the committee that plans proms and other dances and the planning has started! I can't wait for my first prom here!

******************************************************************************************