IX

Kyrah
(pls excuse any mistakes)
Enjoy.

I mentally facepalmed myself. I should've answered the phone somewhere else. Scar's cool though. She might understand. "Uhh.." I trailed off trying to think of something.

bitch hurry.

"I mean I won't be staying here..long." I said referring to the house.

She gave me a look like she didn't believe me. "I heard what he said you don't have to lie to me Kyrah."

Where do we go from here?

"I'm sorry Scar."

She sighed and patted the empty space next to her. I walked over and sat down.

"I get it. You had a good life before you came here and you was spending it with someone you love." She said. "But Kyrah if you leave. That would be betraying the gang. It's not that easy to just walk away-"

"Yeah Scar I get that but you have to understand that i'm not equip for this shit. Setting niggas up to get killed? That ain't me. Don't get me wrong the money looks good but I was making money over in chicago too. The normal, legal way. And I was straight."

"Do you know what's gonna happen to you if you try leaving?"

"No." I said. "But I know one thing."

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing can happen if nobody knows that i'm trying to leave. Promise me you won't say anything?"

"Kyrah I-"

"Please Scar. You know what it feels like to be away from someone you love. You should understand how i'm feeling."

She stared at me for a minute. I have no idea what she's thinking, but it must not be that bad if she's not attacking me just about now.

"I gotchu. I won't tell a soul." She said with a smile. She held up her pinky. "Oh this a promise promise." I said wrapping my pinky around hers.

"So you know i'm serious." She said with a laugh. I never actually realized how down to earth Scar really is.

"I'm gonna leave you alone and check on Trig."

"Alright see you later tonight."

I turned around. "Later tonight?"

"Yeah. What? You too focused on leaving that you forgot you was in a gang?" She teased.

I rolled my eyes. "No like what are we doing?"

"What we always do." She shrugged.

"Right." I mumbled to myself. I walked out of her room while shutting the door behind me. Now I have to search for the room Trig is in.

I don't know if I should feel nervous about Scar finding out about me leaving or if I should feel relieved. I'm relieved about the fact that if I would want anyone to know it would be her, but nervous about the fact that...what if she says something? She made a promise, but promises can easily be broken.