VI

Kyrah
(pls excuse any mistakes)
Enjoy.

We both stood here just staring at each other. I can't find any words to say. All I can do is stare. One thing I can definitely say is that my feelings for him never left. All of the memories of us being together came back to me while I was looking at him. All of the good times, all of the bad times, all of the sexual times.

"Who's at the door lil ma?" Trig said coming to the door.

"Company?" Tariq asked me as he tilted his head to the side a bit.

"How you knew she was here?" Trig asked him.

Tariq laughed. "If you was trying to run away from me you should've left your phone with ya bro."

"Um Trig..can I have a minute real quick?" I said to Trig.

He hesitated for a second before nodding and walking away.

I shut the door behind me and face Tariq.

"So this where you been all this time?"

"No. I just moved here." I said while playing with my hands.

"Nervous?"

"I mean, we haven't seen each other in 2 years."

"That's because I been busy think you was dead during those couple of years."

"Tariq I-"

"Why you ain't hit me up? Everyone back at Chicago miserable."

"Oh really...name one."

"My mom, your mom, Sheik, Hailey...want me to continue?"

I stayed quiet.

"I need an explanation."

"You make it sound like it was such an easy thing to do. I didn't have a choice. I had to stay quiet. I couldn't say anything or else my dad he'd-"

I cut myself off before I finished my sentence. He stood there waiting for me to finish. If I say this he's gonna flip out. Him being here is already about to cause trouble..but me saying this could get me in trouble.

"I can't tell you." I said.

"Why not?"

"Because I just can't. You being here might already get me caught up. You need to go." I said. I put my hand on the knob getting ready to go inside but he grabbed my free hand.

"I didn't come all of this way just for you to tell me to leave. When you opened the door you showed no expressions of being happy to see me. That new nigga in there making you happy now? Is that it?"

"Don't do this." I warned.

"Nah I wanna know. Why you want me to leave? You actually like it here? You like being controlled by ya dad that don't give no fucks about you? In his eyes you another check."

I bit my bottom lip to force myself not to say something i'm gonna regret later.

"Chicago ya real home. Not whatever the fuck you think this is."