He pocketed his phone and was about to leave when his attention was caught by the pictures of Taehyung on top of the drawer.

He hasn't paid much attention to it before because he's always preoccupied by a certain brunet and the things they do inside his room which are greater than ogling at his pictures.

And why look at the pictures if he already has him by his side in flesh.

However, Jungkook was intrigued when he saw pictures of Taehyung when he was a bit younger.

He smiled, marvelling at the beauty of the brunet as he picked one picture frame and stared at it for a long while.

"He's already beautiful even when he was still young." Jungkook mumbled to himself.

He looked at it once more before shaking his head, realizing that he's acting like a lovesick fool.

Jungkook placed it back on top of the drawer when he suddenly knocked off the picture frame with Taehyung's graduation picture next to it, making it fall on the ground with a shattering sound.

"Shit." He ducked down, carefully picking the broken picture frame.

He suddenly stopped when he lifted the picture, noticing that there's another picture hidden behind it.

Jungkook picked it up, seeing Taehyung standing in the middle with two other people with him.

The door to the room opened and in came Taehyung with a worried face.

"I heard a crashing sound. Is everything okay?" Taehyung walked to the ravenette's side, noticing the broken frame on the ground.

"What happened? You're not hurt, are you?" He grabbed Jungkook by the arm, wanting to check if he was hurt or not.

Taehyung noticed the confused look on the ravenette's face as he stared at the picture with wide eyes.

The brunet looked at it and stopped, realizing that he's holding a picture of him with his parents.

"This-" Jungkook held the picture with his trembling hand as he looked at Taehyung with wild eyes.

"Who's this?" the ravenette asked, voice shaking as he pointed out the woman beside Taehyung.

The brunet furrowed his brows, not understanding the sudden change in Jungkook's expression - horrified and shocked.

"She's my mom." Taehyung informed in a soft voice.

He heard an audible gasp coming from the ravenette which aroused confusion in him.

Taehyung gazed over Jungkook who slowly backed away, looking like he had seen a ghost.

He couldn't help but feel afraid at the horrified look on Jungkook's face. He stepped near him but immediately halted when the ravenette took a step back.

"D-don't.." Jungkook held his hand up to stop him from getting closer.

"Please don't.." He uttered, almost breathless. He looked at the picture once more, feeling betrayed, tricked, but mostly hurt.

"Why? What's the matter Jungkook?" Taehyung asked in a concerned voice, seeing Jungkook seemingly struggling.

He wasn't able to stop himself from walking toward the ravenette, confusedly touching him in the arm.

Jungkook flinched at the touch, eyes wide and full of indescribable pain as he slapped Taehyung's hand away.

"Don't touch me!" Jungkook huffed, hands trembling as he gripped the picture tightly.

He glared at the brunet with an intense emotion on his face, making the latter back away, utterly astounded by his behavior.

He didn't say a word as he rushed out of the room, leaving Taehyung who was unable to move from what had happened.

Taehyung felt a knife piercing his heart as he tried to register in his mind that Jungkook slapped his hand away and looked at him as if he has a communicable disease.

As if he's dirty and disgusting.

He heard the banging coming from the front door which instantly snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Jungkook!" He called out in panic as he rushed out to follow the ravenette.

The loud sound of a car engine ignited as Taehyung ran to stop Jungkook from leaving.

He couldn't understand what's going on. He needs to know why the ravenette suddenly acted strangely after seeing the picture of him and his parents.

"Jungkook! Please!" He was able to reach the side of the car as he vigorously tapped on the window by the driver's seat.

"What's going on?! Why are you-" He wasn't able to finish his sentence when the car started to move away.

Taehyung quickly stepped back, afraid that he'll get run over by the car.

He breathed hard as he worriedly looked on the car speeding away from where he stood.

Taehyung felt so scared and helpless, body trembling in utter fear. He remembered the look on Jungkook's face when he gazed at him.

It's all too foreign, full of anger, pain and disgust.

The brunet felt his knees lose energy as he slumped on the ground. He couldn't bring himself to stand, feeling too hurt and afraid.

Tears started to form in his eyes, letting all his emotions get the best of him.

"Jungkook.." He called out as tears flowed down his wary eyes.

He doesn't know why but as he stared on the pavement with his thoughts running wild, he envisioned Jungkook turning his back on him.

His heart began to be filled with fear.

Fear of losing Jungkook.

--------

Love you 💜