Dark Enough

"There is a girl in the front of my class who I swear I've never seen fo anything but laugh"

Willow stared at the board in front of themself. They heard the entire class laughing all around them as their teacher told a funny joke. Willow was sitting straight faced. They never seemed to laugh anymore.

"She's tall and she's smart. Beautiful and strong and when someone's down, she tries to fix what is wrong"

Willow knew that their friends would call them tall and smart and beautiful and strong. They put on a fake mask for their friends when their friends are sad. Willow needs to cheer up their friends. Fix what went wrong with their friends.

"How does someone so perfect, feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more..."

Willow pulled their sleeves down past their hands. Their friends could never understand why Willow, someone who was so perfect, could feel so insecure. How Willow could harm themselves over and over again and still want to hurt themself even more.

"How does someone so loving, learn to hate her own guts? Drawing a picture on her arms with a blade as if her mind isn't dark enough"

They couldn't understand why Willow, someone who is so loving, could hate their own guts. How Willow could draw pictures on their arms and legs with their nail deep pinches. How Willow's mind could be so dark.

"There is a girl in the front of my class who's eyes are glazed over like newly cut glass"

Willow typically sat with glassed over eyes. They were constantly fighting their mind.

"The ghost of a smile hints at her face and she laughs as they tell her "Who's on First Base" "

Willow had a ghost of a smile as they remembered a video their dad showed them. "Who's on First Base" They felt like they were smiling, but they weren't. It was barely even visible.

"How does someone so perfect, feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more..."

Willow attacked themself on how they were so perfect and ended up feeling so insecure. How they wouldn't even think of harming themself years ago to the current year and wanting to hurt even more. To try and ignore their thoughts.

"How does someone so loving, learn to hate her own guts? Drawing a picture on her arms with a blade as if her mind isn't dark enough"

Willow even attacked themself on how they can be so loving to their friends, but not themself. They had so high standards for themself that they hated their own guts. The only way they could distract these ugly thoughts were making nail deep marks on their skin, creating pictures of slashes.

"There is a girl in the front of my class who's sad that you find it rare to see her smile or laugh"

Willow barely showed any emotion during class anymore. It was so completely rare that you could see them smiling or laughing.

"Her friends tells her jokes like that one with the guy, but all she does is close her eyes and enter her mind"

Even when their friends are with them, Willow can't even crack a smile. All they could do is enter their own mind and space out. They barely had the energy to smile with their friends. To laugh.

"How does someone so perfect, feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more..."

Willow was someone who used to be perfect, but was tainted and become extremely insecure. They wanted to hurt themself more and more everyday. They felt used to the pain they has to indure.

"How does someone so loving, learn to hate her own guts? Drawing a picture on her arms with a blade as if her mind isn't dark enough for her imperfections..."

No one could understand why Willow had turnt loving of themself to hating themself. Hating their guts. No one could understand why Willow had pictures laying up and down their body. Pictures they made themself. Maybe because their mind was so much dark that their scars would never be dark enough. Their mind was filled with their imperfections and that was so extremely dark.

"There is a girl in the front of my class who yesterday took the breath that was her last..."

Maple walked into class one day, crying. Willow had taken their final breath the night before. Maple was the only person who Willow had said their goodbyes to.

"She wrote a few notes: I'm sorry I didn't say, but my mind was messed up, you couldn't save me anyway... And to the girl in the back of the class, who feels the way I did..."

Maple could remember what Willow wrote as the back of her hand. Willow had said "I'm sorry that I cannot take it anymore. No one could've saved me from the fate that was coming. Please don't come after me. I know how you feel... You feel as messed up as me, but don't come..."

"How does someone so perfect, feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more"

Maple went to Willow's house and picked a note up from Willow's desk that Willow had left before they left. She saw that it had a few words on it "How can someone so perfect like you, Maple could feel so insecure. To hate her entire guts even though she's amazing in everyway. Please don't make any more pictures on yourself... I know you want to hurt more... This is not the only way to be free... It was just the easiest way. You don't want the easy way.... -Sweet dreams and kisses, Willow"

(This is more of a vent than a WillowBark chapter...)