Soulmates (Words)

Willow was about 5 or 6 years old and was staring at the words written along thier arm. They couldn't read what they said, but knew they were words. Willow had hit the 2nd grade and was continuously reading the sentence over and over again. It was confusing them the longer they thought about it. They would go home and ask their father about it. Their father only told them that those were the words their soulmate would say to them first. Well of course it had to be a world where soulmate met and had to say the words that were read on the other's arm when they first interact. It was dumb, but it was the most certain way. Most people don't even meet their soulmate due to it being a 1 in 7.53 billion chance of finding them. Willow's father still hasn't met his soulmate and it wasn't fair. Willow didn't want to seem too excited to meet their soulmate just in case they never do. They were now 11 and in the 5th grade. They constantly were reading the words again and again. They knew the words were their soulmate's first words, but didn't at all know what they meant. Willow was taking the bus and heard a rowdy kid up in seat 18. Willow glanced over at her and kept to themself.

They both didn't talk. Willow wanted to say something, but didn't. Willow kept quiet for most of the year. Willow had a second sentence on thier left arm. It was their soulmate's words who was platonic to them. That platonic soulmate was Maple. Willow and Maple were contemplating who their soul mates could be. Before then they both entered middle school. And it was hell. Everyone was dating left and right and Willow was starting to feel fairly uncomfortable. Even one of their friends, Black, started dating some random dude but they both broke up before the year ended. Willow wasn't lucky at finding their soulmate. Maple, however, found her soulmate. Her soulmate's name was Quiet. Quiet's first words were "You must be joking... Right?"

Maple's first words to Quiet was "My friend told me that you could help commit a murder...?" Willow was happy for Maple and Quiet. They hit 7th grade and it got worse. Everyone was trying to find someone to date left and right and it was complete hell mixed with chaos. Willow watched everyone trying to find their soulmates. Willow wasn't too keen on trying to look. Willow looked at their arm again and again, reading what it said. They kept on reading it as if it would just disappear one day. Willow continued with school alongside with Maple and Quiet. Maple and Quiet started dating in eighth grade. Willow was alone most of the time. Willow entered high school and it was pretty hectic, but it calmed down. Some people were still trying to find their soulmate. Willow still wasn't interested.

Willow went through high school pretty normally. Until senior year. That rowdy kid Willow saw on the bus all those years ago was now pretty calm and daring. All the girls and guys wanted her. Willow wasn't quite as interested. Willow and Her met at a book store during the weekends. Willow just wanted to find something to calm thier mind and the girl was hanging out with a couple of her friends. Willow kept on being interrupted by the girl's friends. The girl said, somehow charmfully "Sorry about my insane friends, beautiful. Maybe I'll make it up to you on a date?" Willow rolled their eyes and said "First off, don't call me beautiful. Second... I barely even know you so how would I know if you just are a creepy pedophile who flirts with people younger than them?" The girl said "Ah... But I'm not. And I like hard to get girls. They cause me to have quite the challenge" Willow said "Look here, bud. I am not at all interested in your type of girls... Second I did not just go through painful disphoria just for you to call me a girl" Willow was way too angry to notice that the girl just said the words tattooed on their arm. The girl was too in a flirty mood to notice that Willow just said the words on their arm as well. She said "Sorry once again... The name's Bark. Just give me one chance to make it up to you..." Willow huffed "Fine... Just one chance... And... Willow. My name is Willow"

Bark said "Meet me at this exact spot at 5:00 pm" "Fine" Willow muttered. They rolled their eyes at what they just agreed to. Only to them that they know that they are Demiromantic. Willow knew that it would be fairly hard to try and make themself fall in love with someone as soon as they met someone. Willow glanced down at their arm when they left the bookstore to go home and soon started to realize something. That flirty bastard was their soulmate. They would've assumed it to be romantic before the scene happened. Bark glanced down at her arm and realized that they just unknowingly asked their soulmate on a date. She slightly smirked at the thought and went about her day. She needed to quickly impress her soulmate tomorrow at her date. Willow got home and thought about the flirty bastard. It didn't seem at all possible that She could be their soulmate.