BMC Au

Willow stared at Bark and silently sighed. She had been ignoring them since the day she got the SQUIP. Willow was right that Bark would be too cool for th- playing video games. Willow saw her suddenly shout. Willow wondered near her. Bark said "Willow?" Willow looked at her in surprise, but began to walk off. Even as much as they wanted to hug her, they just didn't want Bark to just suddenly act like she didn't just ignore them most of the day.

Bark said, happily "Oh my god! I'm so happy to see you!" Willow turned back and faced Bark. They asked "Really? So you haven't been ignoring me all day?" Bark said "What are you talking about? I haven't seen you since-" Bark just suddenly stopped talking. Willow glanced around nervously. "Bark? Why are you standing there all creepy and stuff?" They asked after a couple of minutes. When Bark didn't answer them, they said, worriedly "Seriously, what's up with you? You've been acting shady since... Since"

It finally clicked in their head. They said, happily "It worked, didn't it? Bark! That's amazing! We gotta test it, we gotta celebrate, we gotta-get stoned in my basement!" When Willow didn't see Bark move, they just assumed she nodded her head when they weren't looking. They started walking off and saw Bark didn't move. Willow asked "Bark? Are you coming?" They walked up to Bark and went to put a hand on her shoulder, until they heard Bark mutter "Optic Nerve Blocking: On"

Willow pulled their hand away in shock and saw Bark push past Willow. Willow looked after her in surprise. They looked down and went home. They watched Bark change each day. Willow had been trying to see what there is on the internet about SQUIPS. They didn't have any results, until they heard from a person they played a video game with had a story of his brother's SQUIP. Bark and Willow didn't talk until Halloween. In that bathroom.

Willow sat up in the bathtub. They stared at Bark and said "Sup" Bark asked "Willow? I didn't know you were invited to this party.." Willow said, blankly "I wasn't. Which is why I'm wearing... This clever disguise...!" They motioned to the costume they were wearing. Bark just stared at them. Willow said "You're speechless. SQUIP got your tongue?" Bark said "It's... Off" Willow said "That would explain why you're talking to me" Willow continued "I've been thinking about this moment. What would I say to you? I had a really pissed off monologue, and epic journey through twelve years of friendship"

Willow stared at Bark's expression and asked "What?" Bark said "It's really good to see you, man" Willow said "It won't be. Once you hear what I found out" Bark asked "Found out?" Willow said "About..." They tapped their head and Bark quickly understood. She asked "How? There's nothing on the internet-" Willow said "Which is weird, right? I mean, what's not on the internet? So I started asking around. Finally this guy I play video games with... Told me how his brother went from a straight D student to a freshman in Harvard. You know where he is now?"

Bark asked "Really happy and successful?" Willow shook their head and said "He's in a mental hospital. Totally lost it." Bark said "I don't see what that has to do with..." Willow said "Think, man! We're talking an insanely powerful super-computer. You really think its primary function is to get you laid? Who made them?How did they end up in a high school?In New Jersey? Of all possible applications for such a mind-blowingly advanced technology, you ever wonder what it's doing inside you?"

Bark muttered "And I thought Dawn was jealous..." Willow said "I'm honestly asking!" They climbed out of the bathtub. Bark said "Really? Because I think you're pissed I have one and you don't!" Willow said "Come on-" Bark said "Maybe I got lucky, is that so weird? With my history, I'd say the universe owed me one. And I don't know about your friend's brother's whatever, but if you're telling me his squip made him crazy-"

Willow said "His squip didn't make him crazy." Bark said "Oh.. Well... There you go." Willow said "He went crazy trying to get it out." Bark was quiet for a second before saying "Then I've got nothing to worry about. Why would I want that?" Bark began walking towards the door, but Willow quickly went in front of her, not letting her go yet. Bark said "Move it" Willow said "Or you'll what?"