Drift Away..

"Here in the garden, let's play a game. I'll show you how it's done. Here in the garden, stand very still. This'll be so much fun"

Willow locked pinkies with Bark as she promised that even if something would happen between them in high school, they both would get back with each other. Bark then quickly left and promised they were going to see each other tomorrow.

"And then she smiled. That's what I'm after. A smile in her eyes. The sound of her laughter. Happy to listen. Happy to play. Happily watching her drift away"

Bark arrived on the bus and smiled and laughed with Willow as they chatted away. This continued for months, herself slowly drifting away.

"Happily waiting. All on my own, under the endless sky. Counting the seconds. Standing alone as thousands of years go by"

Soon enough Bark found someone else and abandoned Willow all on their own. Willow slowly counted the seconds, minutes, and hours that Bark left them completely alone. It surely did feel like thousands years without her..

"Happily wondering night after night 'is this how it works? Am I doing it right?' Happy to listen. Happy to stay. Happily watching her drift away"

Willow lied wide awake in bed thinking "Is this how it works? Am I doing it right?" Almost every night as they watched her slowly drifting away from them. Drifting as they stayed back. Alone.

"You keep on turning pages for people who don't care. People who don't care about you. And still, it takes you ages to see that no one's there. See that no one's there. See that no one's there. Everyone's gone on without you"

Willow constantly waited for Bark to come back for her promise. That everything will be fine. By the time Willow realized that Bark wasn't coming back, that she was never ever going to care about Willow, was a month before they graduated from college. They finally realized that no one was truly there.

"Finally something. Finally news about how the story ends. She doesn't exist now. Survived by her son and all of her brand new friends. Isn't that lovely?Isn't that cool? And isn't that cruel. And aren't I a fool to have happily listened. Happy to stay. Happily watching her drift. Drift. Drift away"

One day when Willow was heading into their photo shoot of a family, they saw a familiar face with her family. It was Bark, Silver, and their child, Storm. The old Bark didn't exist anymore. Isn't it lovely or isn't it cruel? Wasn't Willow a fool to have listened and believed that Bark would've stuck with her promise. Willow shot their photos, sadly, but pretended to be happy. Happily watching her drift away.

(I know I haven't been writing and publishing chapters, but i've been trying. The thing is that.. I can't seem to grasp any motivation to write...)