ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪɪɪ

Lizley couldn't bring herself to talk to Finn on the way back to watery lane. She couldn't look into his eyes without seeing the hurt and the anger in his eyes when he told her how he thought about her. The two maintained distance.

Liz maintained distance. Finn was dying to talk to her. She was his sun also. She had been the centre of his existence and he fucked that up himself.

And even in fear and anger because of his brothers in prison he had never feared anything as much as not seeing Liz again. He had been so stupid. This was the biggest regret of his whole life. She had made him so happy and he threw that all away with one sentence. He actually destroyed both their lives with that.

As he yet again moved his eyes to her on the end of the party he moved to grab her wrist and stop her.

"Look" He trailed off not being able to form words that could describe his feelings . "I'm sorry. I was angry and I talked before I thought and I definitely did not mean what I say. You're the most lovable person I ever met"

"So no one has b hooked up with you yet that you're still drooling over me" Liz smiled before she hugged him tightly which he replied in the same manner.

"I missed you Liz" He whispered into her ear as he held her not wanting to let her go forever now. 

"I missed you too Finn" Her heart felt a little easier after she said that. She always felt like a stone was resting on it, exactly that stone was taken off of her now.

She realised that he had become much more of a man when she was gone. He was brought and had more flesh on his bones. Not all that twinkly as he used to look.  

"Let's go home" He took her in his arms again and squeezed her tightly before they continued walking.

"How were you doing?" She asked him as they walked towards the place that once was her prison now as if they were old friends. They were just with a much more complicated story.

"Alright I guess. I felt pretty...you know lonely and lost. I was never sure if they wouldn't be just executed. I was never sure if you were dead. After all you were gone. Honestly I think I would've needed you back then. And I felt so horribly stupid for saying those things to you" There he was the little Finny boy side of him. He wasn't strong and fierce like his brothers but he didn't have to. Liz just hoped that he wouldn't feel the pressure of having to take Johns place now. "What about you?"

"What about me? Well all this time I-" She wasn't really capable of finding suitable words. "I felt nothing all along" Those words hit Finn. He didn't knew what they meant nor did he want to. All he knew that there was a lot of pain in her voice and it broke his heart.

Instead of talking cheesy nonsense he just took her hand making her stop and look at him. She realised again how he manned up. Lizley knew that he was still the same old Finn just that he had highly evolved, like a Pokemon.

Everyone kinda did their own things after the Christmas dinner. Tommy put Charlie to sleep and everyone skipped away to their own places to sleep. Just Liz and Finn where still wandering around the kitchen sharing story with a glass of whiskey.

"What will you do then?" He asked her finally sitting down in front of her with his jacket off.

"I'll stay here until the wobs are gone and then you can go on with your life however you like" She said bittersweet with a smirk on her lips. How much it hurt her heart, they all had changed so much and she hadn't caught up. She was yet again a stranger.

"Don't leave" He cupped her cheek suddenly looking deep into her eyes."Don't you dare do that again" His voice was raspy yet soft.

"Then I'll stay" She whispered back looking into his emerald eyes. No they where more in the shape of deep jade yet sparkled like diamonds.

Liz wanted to kiss him so bad but she wouldn't go for it because she knew one of them would end up getting hurt again. They broke apart when they heard Tommy climbing down the stairs anyway.

"Liz" He said with his dark voice."For a word" He moved towards his office in the gambling dent her following.

"I saw what happened in the paper and came as fast as I could" She simply stated as she sat down in the chair in front of his desk. "If you want me to leave, I'll do that but I'll take Finn with me"

"Shut up, I don't want you to leave nor am I angry that you're here" He mumbled surprisingly soft before putting down one thousand pounds in front of her. "For the killing"

"You really purposeless put them out on the open didn't you?" Liz was ready to start a fight. "You know what I'd do for this family or for a family like this?" She choked back the tears that came to her eyes since her emotions took over.

"It's business Liz. It will always be business" Tommy snapped at her let his hands run down onto the table but failing to make her wince.

"What will you do when that business kills you? You know whenever I am close to die, which happens scary often, I look onto my life and think; ya all this money, all this diamonds yet I never felt like I had people that would care if I'd be gone" Her own heart ached. "You have a lot of people that would never process that yet you kept business up"

"Anyway, if you don't mind. You'll work for me" He shrugged of the conversation trying hard to ignore her words.

And that made Lizley realise that she really should settle down somewhere in the country with some chicken.