ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪ

Lizley, expected the next morning to be softer than it actually was. The sun crashed all three of them earlier than good for them. Polly was still sleeping when the two boys met for breakfast waiting for Liz.

Finn was staring intensely at Michael while the eggs were served. He was angry but much more because of the fact that Lizley obviously slept with Michael not because she was sad.

"What? Do I have something on my face or are you planning incest?" Michael asked sipping his tea while Finn just scrunched his nose almost shocked.

"You slept with her didn't you?" His emerald green where in slits as he stated that.

"Calm Finny boy I wouldn't snatch your fiancé" Michael chuckled painful even if he was lying." And yet she's a free woman and she can fuck whoever she wants" He added almost threatening.

"What do you mean with yet she's a free woman?" Finn caught the mistake in the sentence Michael cursed himself and remained silent. "What Michael?"

"Tommy thought about marrying you guys" He confessed fixing his eyes on the table. Finn yet had the right to know.

"What?" Finn spat out angrier than ever before. Angrier than Michael had every seen him.

"He wouldn't do it now anyway, just don't tell her" Michael whispered as Liz appeared in the door frame in a dashingly pretty dress again.

"Who shouldn't tell who what?" She asked as she sat down on the head of the table." Polly is awake. We'll go to the hospital later"

"Boy things Liz" Michael grinned towards her yet again causing Finn to feel the urge to hit him."How's Grace?"

"I don't know, neither does Pol. She was in surgery" She just shrugged as she started munching her egg. The tension between them slowly caught up to her so she just soundly dropped her fork to glare at them both. "Boys whatever that Boy problem is, sort it out. I can't cope with the aggressive testosterone in here. I just wanna eat my eggs in peace please" They both looked at her liked she wasn't from this earth.

Lizley only shrugged about their stupidity.

Grace was doing great after the surgery. But soon after she got a infection in the wound. Her death was slow and painful.

No one as lovely as Grace deserved to die like that. No one deserved to die like that well knowing that they would leave their family back.

Have people thinking about you another eternity and imagine you back with them. Maybe even feel them forgetting you more painfully than the death itself.

Yet again Liz was reminded how easy life could end. She once thought that god wouldn't let something like that happen. But she did and she was ruthless.

All she wished was that Charlie wouldn't have to grow up alone. She hoped that Tommy was going to be the father he was supposed to be. That he'd not only take care after him but be there for him. But her intuition told her the opposite and she hated it and pitied the little boy.

She didn't attend the funeral, neither did Finn. They both were to look after Charlie when everyone was officially grieving. Everyone even Polly. But she rather felt sorry for Tommy not grieved the loss of this beautiful woman. They remained in Small Heath while the rest was out in the countryside burying another member of the Shelby clan even if she wasn't that welcomed in the family.

"What do you think he'll do to me?" Liz spoke her mind after a long silence as the two teenagers were laying in Finn's bed staring at the ceiling while Charlie was sleeping in Tommy's room, both unsure how the vibes were.

"I don't know and I don't wanna imagine it actually" Finn said cold as he just stubbornly stared to the ceiling. He was selfish enough to desire that she'd stay with him while he knew that his brother had no use for her anymore or less than they used to. And his bravery kept him from doing something like apologising and go back to be best friends, yet.

"I don't wanna be killed by Tommy Shelby. That's much to random. He kills a lot of people, I'd just be one in thousands" She scoffed while Finn almost chuckled."I wanna die epic" Her voice was just above a whisper.

Finn's heart was in pain as he imagined her dying. Imagined losing her. She was his little Liz. The special was the little bird with the broken wing that Finn had to protect from the cruel world. And he wanted to make her fly again. He needed her happy.  She kept him happy.

He turned to face her in the warm light of the candle on his nightstand. She was such an angelic being. Everything was so very pure, sharp yet soft, broken but strong. Every inch of her told thousand tales.

"I don't want to lose you" He brought out shyly avoiding her piercing eyes."It may is selfish and stupid but you're my best friend and you make me comfortable as nobody else does and that's like just amazing" He coughed awkwardly at the end being unsure about his feelings and about hers. It was surely a lie. She really wasn't just his best friend. She was so much more and would always be. She was everything he ever worshipped.

Liz smiled up to him looking into his emerald eyes. Instead of opening her mouth she decided to do something that said more than thousand words.

She let her head rest on his chest and welcomed his embrace. Carefully she listened to his heartbeat. It was magical to feel how he was just alive. He was breathing and he was living. He was keeping her sane in this world.

He wrapped his arms around her to hold her tight. Their awkwardness and anger from the events at the wedding was gone with the wind.

It was perfect maybe it was just for a tiny moment but it was.