*Chapter 17*

Mom had promised that I would be able to go dress shopping as long as I studied for two straight hours. If only she knew me. I left thirty minutes after I arrived home. As I drove the early spring rain began falling. The phone rang as I turned the corner.

"What you doin?" Chris said over the phone.

"Going to pick out my dress." I replied.

"Wow, you're taking this far."

"I have to, they start running out of dresses early every year."

"I mean you don't even know what could happen by then, you guys could break up or something."

"Why would that happen?"

I felt for some reason that Chris was jealous. I had NEVER hears Chris jealous.

"I was just saying."

"Well no need, we've been together this long, and haven't had sex, so he's basically in love with me."

"I didn't sleep with Jerry for a long time and you see what happened there."

I slightly laughed, "Finnick will never be a Jerry."

"You are sort of right."

"Ok then, I'm fine. Now do you want to meet me up here and check them out with me."

"Sure."

I hung up the phone. I was around 5 blocks from the dress store "J'adore Rose" French fpr I love pink. Ironically lots of the items in there weren't pink. Which even more ironically was the color dress I wanted. But, the mall was not an option for my $250 max price my mother had set.

Chris pulled in at almost the exact same time as I did.

"Hey!" Finnick called surprisingly from across the street.

He began walking over as Chris got out of her car.

"Hey Alex, Christina." he said.

He wrapped his bronze arms around my waist and kissed me swiftly on the lips. I swear I could kiss him forever.

"Hey Finn." Chris said.

We sat in silence for a while. The rain had stopped so there was no need to rush inside.

"So what are you guys doing out?" he said.

"Something that you have to find out." I said.

"Aww you're getting me a birthday gift already." he swooned.

"Your birthday isn't until August." I said.

Chris had started walking towards the store.

"Come on Alex, they close soon." Chris said.

"Talk to you soon babe." I said.

"I miss you already." Finnick smiled playfully.

"I miss you more." I said walking up with Chris.

We both walked in. The smell of new, silky cloth welcomed us in along with Bath & Body Works perfume. The rows and rows of dresses all looked beautiful, and it may seem cliché, but the perfect dress instantly met my eye.

"Oh my God this has to be mine." I said walking towards it.

It was a long, fuchsia, silky like, ballroom gown, whose lower half fanned out like that of Cinderella's dress. There were no straps, just a corset like top embedded with white pearls. However, it was also embedded with a price tag $50 over. Now, that's not too hard to go back home and get, but that was the only one left. I knew if I left it would be gone.