Chapter Twelve (Janet Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"Is it about a boy?"

"I turned and stared at her in shock, "How can you tell?"

"Honey, I've been alive for eighty-five years," she stopped at a stop light. "I've picked up a few things, you seem you're in some type of love triangle"

"Sort of"

"Let me guess," she said. "Your dating this guy who you're in love with, but he's miles away right now and then you met this other guy during some party over the summer and you instantly connected with him. Now your here to see if you could possibly be in love with this new guy. Am I close?"

"Your spot on," I said impressed. "And that's very scary"

Susan parked in front of an apartment building, turned off her engine and got out of her car.

"Wait where are you going?" I asked running after her with my duffel bag.

"This is the place," she said digging through her purse probably to find her house key. "You said Sunny Days apartment 206, right?"

"Yeah"

"Come on dear, that's the apartment right next to mine"

I followed Susan up a few flights of stairs until we were at the very top. She stopped in front of a door that read 207 and unlocked it.

"So you know Victoria, Nadia, and Bianca very well?"

"Yeah, Victoria is my brother's ex-girlfriend," I said remembering their break up. "But we still stay in contact, she just doesn't know that I'm here"

"Well they're right there deary," she pointed to a green door that had a welcome mat in front of it. "Please feel free to visit me anytime"

"Will do Susan, thanks for everything"

I walked over to the next door, knocked on it and waited patiently. I heard a click and a few chains being released from behind the door.

"Here goes nothing," I say. The door opened and Vicky was there dressed up as if she was going out.

"Janet?" she asked.

"Hey, Vicky," I waved and stood awkwardly at the door. "How's it going?"

She hugged me tightly and I hugged back relieved that she didn't feel as awkward as I do, "It's so great to see you"

I stepped inside and closed the door behind me.

"Vicky, are you still here?!" I could hear Bianca say walking down the hall towards the living room. "Well hot damn, look who it is"

"Who is it?!" yelled Nadia from down the hall.

"It's Janet!" Bianca said coming over to give me a hug.

"What's up Tweedle-dee?!" Nadia referred to my nickname.

"Okay I guess"

"Wait a minute," Bianca said sitting me down on their couch. "Does your dad know that you're here?"

"More importantly," Vicky said while crossing her arms. "Does your brother know that you're here? You know I love you but I don't need Dominic mad at me because I let you stay here without him knowing"

I bit my lip and played with my fingers, "Only Janese knows I'm here. But she probably already told my dad who has probably already told Dominic"

Vicky sat down next to me and took my hand, "Is this about Dakota?"

"Dakota?" Nadia said popping her head out from behind a wall. "Hot dude with the tattoos, Dakota?"

" I need to find out what it is I feel for him," I said standing up and crossing my arms. "Hanging out with him this whole summer made me kind of question my relationship with Logan, who I still love very much but--"

"You feel a special connection with Dakota and it's different when you're with Logan," Vicky completed my sentence.

"How could you tell?"

"I felt the same way with Nicholas," she placed her hand on her chin. "We have more in common and I feel all these different and wonderful things when I'm with him. He just makes me feel different"

"By the way," I said. "Is it okay if I could stay here a few days? Just until I figure this whole Dakota thing out?"

"Fine but when I come back we're going talk some more," Vicky said.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"On a date with Nicholas," Bianca answered. "Took her long enough to finally say yes"

I slightly smiled at the thought. Although it's great to see that she's dating again, I can't help but feel bad for my brother. He was devastated the day he got back from his audition and said that Vicky broke up with him. It's understandable why she did it but Dominic is my brother and I love him.

Ding! Dong!

Vicky stood up from the couch and answered the door. Nicholas stood there with a bouquet of roses in his hand and nerves all over his face.

"Bye girls," Vicky said waving and walking out the door. 

Bianca and Nadia handed me some blankets and a pillow.

"The couch turns into a bed," Nadia said. "We all share a bathroom so I have one rule. No pooping. If you must poop, you're responsible for unclogging and cleaning the toilet"

"Okay," I said reaching into my duffel bag and grabbed a more comfortable pair of clothes. " So what are you girls up to tonight?"

"Since it's Friday," Bianca said. "We usually play board games"

"Tonight," Nadia placed a box on the coffee table. "Is Monopoly"

I rubbed my hands together, "Ready to lose my friends?"

"You're so on," Bianca helped Nadia set the board up.