Chapter One

Zayn Malik as Dominic

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ஜ۩۞۩ஜ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

(Graduation Day-Victoria's POV)

I never thought that this day would come so quickly.  It seemed like only yesterday I was a freshman, completely afraid of going to a new place. So many things have changed in the last four years. Now I'm headed to California to start my career as a professional dancer.

Dominic, my amazing boyfriend, and I start our freshmen workshop next week. This is a chance for us to tour the school, meet new people, and just get used to the environment. With all of this excitement, you could say I'm a bit overwhelmed. Because not only do we have this workshop, but we also have to audition.

I was at my house with my best friend (Bianca), Dominic's little twin sisters (Janet and Janese), and my older sister (Nadia) getting ready for the commencement ceremony. Did I mention that I'm the valedictorian and I still don't have my speech ready? I've known about this position for weeks now. Why can't I think of anything?

"Why do you need to audition if you've already been accepted?" Bianca asked while putting on her gown.

"They said in the email that it's to figure out what types of classes we'll end up taking"

"Well, we all know that you'll be put into one of the best classes they have," Janese said. "Why are you so upset?"

I let out a small sigh, "You know they're going to put your brother in hip-hop"

"So?" 

"I want to be put into hip-hop too, but I'm still struggling...I just want to be in the same classes as him that's all"

Everything was perfect until I heard about this stupid audition. There's no way that they'll put us in the same classes. Our dance styles are too different.

"So what if you two end up in different classes?" Nadia said. "Nothing like that is going to keep you guys apart. Just think of it as an opportunity to make new friends and met new people"

"That's what I'm afraid of"

Knock! Knock!

"Are you girls ready?!" my dad said from the other side of my door. "You guys have to check-in by 9!"

I took one more glance in my mirror and grabbed my cap and gown.

(Graduation Ceremony)

"Welcome class of 2014!" our principal announced. "What can I say? You guys made it. I hope that each and every single one of you takes this education that you've been given and goes off into the world as future leaders. You know, this day takes me back to when I was graduating high school"

"Just get on with the ceremony!" everyone turned around and saw Janese standing up in the audience with her hands on her hips.

"Patience Janese, your time will come next year!" Principal Dickenson said. "And now our valedictorian will make her official speech. This student that I am about to introduce has been a great example to her peers and an excellent student with a 4.3-grade point average. Ladies and gentlemen, Victoria Johnson"

I stood up and unfolded the piece of paper that I wrote on thirty minutes before. Principal Dickenson helped me on the stage and stepped aside for me to get on the podium.

"My fellow classmates. High school has brought so many ups and downs. It has opened doors for me and has introduced me to amazing new friends. But unfortunately, this past year hasn't been the greatest. In fact, there was a time when I didn't want to come back here. I've gone through a traumatizing experience, I've lost a good chunk of memories that I'll probably never get back, and I almost forgot the love of my life"