Chapter Nine

(Victoria's POV)

If I did wake up and I saw Dominic, something tells me that I would forgive him. It's hard to stay mad at him for long. He's the sweetest and most kind person I have ever met in my entire life and seeing him doing something like that doesn't make any sense. I tried ignoring the constant feeling that there was something going on between him and Becky. I've never had to worry about him feeling anything for any other girl before. But other girls never had more in common with Dominic than Becky does. Day after day I try to be in sync with him when it comes to dancing but It'll never happen....and I'm just going to have to accept that.

When I danced with Nicholas the other day, I never had to worry about slowing him down like I do with Dominic. We challenged each other in more ways than I could explain. Ways that I've never felt with Dominic when we danced. This whole time I thought that he wanted me and only me. Now that I know there's a possibility he could want someone else, I don't think I can bare that heartache.

My eyes suddenly flickered and my vision was blurry. I could hear the sound of a sink running and smell bacon and eggs being made. The minute I turned my head to the other side, a set of blue eyes were staring back at me. I jumped up and realized it was a little girl.

"Hi I'm Victoria," she held her hand out and smiled with her two front teeth missing.

I took it and smiled, "Hi my name is Victoria too"

"Whaaaaaat?! That's cwazy!" lIttle Victoria said and started jumping around in excitement. "She's awake, can we eat now?!"

"One-second Rugrat," I could hear Nicholas' voice in another part of his...apartment I was guessing. He ran inside of his living room and stared at me in concern. I gave him a reassuring look that I was okay.

"So who's this adorable little girl who shares my same name?" I asked looking back over to Victoria.

"My daughter," he crossed his arms and looked down as I turned back to him.

"I thought she looked like you," I tried to stand up and as expected I stumbled a bit. Nicholas grabbed me by the waist and kept me stable.

"Daddy, is this your girlfwiend?" Victoria asked hugging his leg. "Is she going to be my new mommy?"

"Victoria stop, she's daddy's friend. Go eat your breakfast?"

She skipped towards the kitchen and sat at the table that was next to it. Nicholas took my hand and lead me into another part of the apartment so that we were alone.

"Are you alright?" he asked placing his hand on my shoulders. 

I know that he was trying to help and everything, but the last thing that I wanted to do was talk about this. I just want to keep it out of my mind for the rest of the day so tomorrow I can audition in a sort of a peaceful state of mind.

"I'd rather not talk about last night," I said. 

"Do you want me to drive you home later?" he handed me my phone. "Becky and Dominic have been calling nonstop"

I threw my phone at a wall and walked towards the table in silence. I didn't want to hear their names let alone hear their voices. If I ever see their faces, who knows what I'll do. Nowadays my reaction to things are unpredictable. Kind of like when I decided to be stupid and save Becky's life that day. I should've let her drown.

Nicholas placed a plate in front of me full of bacon, eggs, and toast. As much as I wanted to eat it, I just couldn't seem to pick my arms up and place it in my mouth. So I guess staring down at it is the next best thing. But I didn't want to be rude and make Nick feel bad.

"Not hungry?" he asked bitting into his toast.

"Not really," I answered. "Maybe I should go home, I don't want to be an inconvenience to you and your daughter. Besides, I should get ready for tomorrow"

"I'll take you after breakfast....please eat something"

I picked up a piece of bacon and took a bite out of it.

Damn, that's good.

Nicholas and I waited outside for someone to answer the door. I was shaking in my heels that I still had on from last night. I really needed a shower before any drama starts. I'll be less crabby if I'm clean.

The door swung open and Bianca threw her arms around me in excitement, "Oh sweety I saw what happened, but you left before we could get to you"

"I fainted," I said stepping into the house. "Nicholas took me to his apartment and I spent the night there"

The house was empty and quiet. By this time, the Rangers are all over the house making a mess and watching tv. Although that's what I was expecting to happen, I was relieved that the house was quiet. My head was still hurting anyways.

"Where is everybody?" Nicholas asked stepping inside as well.

"Well, Nadia and Tristan went on a breakfast date an hour ago. Janet and that Dakota kid went out for coffee--"

"Janet is doing what with who?" I asked.

"Her and Dakota were talking to each other all night long," Bianca closed the front door and walked to the living room while Nicholas and I followed. "Now what was I talking about? Oh, and the Ranger went to...the studio"

I dreaded asking this question even though I kind of knew what the answer was, "And him?"

Bianca scratched her messy red hair and was hesitant to answer my question. But I already knew the answer just by her reaction. He was in the studio too.

"Did he say why?" Nicholas asked.

"He said he made a commitment to her crew and he would feel bad for bailing on them," she reached into her sweatpant's pocket and handed me a note. "He said that if you got home, I should give this to you"

"I don't want to hear anything that he has to say. What's done is done. I just want to go to sleep and not have to think about him in the same place as her"

Tears started to form in my eyes and my brain was starting to pound again, but this time it was worse. I really need to take my pain medicine.

"Vicky, you know over thinking is something your doctor told you not to do," Bianca helped me stand up and lead me to her room. "You're staying in my room tonight, I'll bring your stuff in there later. Get some sleep okay?"

I walked over to her bed and tried to relax on her pillow. I closed my eyes and tried to subside the aching pain in my head. A few seconds later I could hear Bianca and Nicholas having a conversation outside of the door.

"Should I stay here for a while? Because I don't feel right leaving her here in this state"

"She'll be fine, she's just been through a lot this past year. With auditions, graduating, getting her memories back"

"Memories?"

"I shouldn't be telling you this. When she wakes up I'll call you, she should tell you herself when she wants to. And I think she would love to see you again"

"How do you know that?"

"I'm her best friend, we know everything about each other...and I can tell when something is up without her needing to open her mouth. And I guess you're a good guy"

I'll see myself out. Remember to call me the minute she wakes up"

"I will"

Did I ever mention how much I love that girl? Because I do.