Chapter Twenty

So it was about time for Vicky to start getting ready for the Christmas party. She didn't know what she wanted to wear. She wanted to look good but she didn't want to give a certain someone the wrong idea.

"You could wear a burlap sack and he'd still find you attractive," Nadia said after the tenth outfit Vicky showed her. "Just pick something, we're going to be late"

"I don't want him to stare at me, I just want a normal night without Becky giving me crap"

"Look lil' sis," Nadia wrapped her arm around her shoulder. "You and Dom have the same set of friends, your twin brother is his best friend, and we're all mixed up in all of this dating stuff. It's going to be hard to avoid him at home or at school"

"I know," Vicky put her head on her sister's shoulder. "This would be a whole lot easier if Becky weren't here"

Nadia walked into Vicky closet and picked out a top and a pair of jeans. "Here"

"There's my Rangers T-shirt!" Vicky grabbed it and put it on. "Aw man. Dad must have washed it"

"Actually it makes a pretty cute crop top," Nadia looked through Vicky's shoes. "Show off your abs"

"It's forty degrees outside," Vicky said while putting on her jeans.

"Wear a jacket," Nadia tossed a pair of colorful sneakers at Vicky. "Those are cute"

"I am not wearing these"

"Why not?"

"Dominic got me these before my accident"

"So what? I still wear the things that my exes got me. Besides doesn't he still wear you got him for his birthday?"

"I've never seen him take it off"

Vicky slid the sneakers on and smiled.

"I've missed these shoes. You know, after my accident (and I had no idea what was going on) I always wondered why I had all of those sneakers in my closet. Anytime I would ask mom, she would change the subject"

"It's weird not having her here," Nadia said. "But it's for the best"

Vicky grabbed her coat and purse, " You ready?"

When the three siblings had arrived at their destination, they walked up to the front door. Vicky stood there and stared at it, hesitating to knock.

"Vicky," Logan said. "You gotta ring the door bell...or knock...do something"

"I will," Vicky said. "Just give me a minute"

"Sweety, it's cold outside," Nadia said. "Can that minute become a second?"

Vicky lifted up her hand and rang the doorbell. After five seconds went by, Vicky started to panic. She hasn't seen Dominic or Becky since the recital a few days ago and the argument she and Becky had wasn't really settled.

"Maybe this is a bad idea," Vicky started backing up.

But before she could retreat, the door had already opened.

(Vicky's POV)

"Hey you guys," Dominic said. "Come on in"

He opened the door wider and allowed us in. When I was inside, I took in the familiar house I used to spend almost every day in after school. Remembering the fun times I had with the twins when we had sleepovers or the amazing conversations I would have with Dominic's grandma. Sadly she passed away a few months before I graduated. I would hate for her to have seen how Dominic and I had ended things. When you break-up with a person, it's hard to let go of their family as well.