Chapter Twelve (Janet Chapter)

Jessica Origliasso as Janet

(Janet's POV)

Logan has gone off to the serve for a couple of months now. I know that it's hard to communicate with him and it takes weeks until he receives the letters I send, but this is hard for me. I'm lonely and frustrated.

He's always talked about how he wanted to serve his country in any way that he could and that's one thing that I love about him. He's passionate about whatever he does and I never regretted any moment we shared together. But I never asked to be in a long-distance relationship.

Everywhere I go, I see Logan's beautiful face staring back at me. Like all I had to do was reach out and grab him and he'd be right by my side again. Like he'd take me in his powerful arms and tell me everything will be okay. I just can't stand him not being here with me and at this rate, I don't know what I'm going to do.

"Sissy please think about this," Jansese said. " What am I supposed to tell Papi and abuela when they wake up? You know I can't lie to them"

"Then don't lie to them," I finished packing my large duffel bag and walked out of our bedroom door. "You can tell them that I need to see Dakota again or I'm going to lose my mind"

"You're still talking to Dakota? I thought he was just a summer fling"

"I thought so too but," I turned around and looked at my twin. "We connected that first night that we met at the club, have you ever felt like there's something that you just have to do or you'll go crazy?"

"Yeah," she let out a big puff of air and gave me a hug. "Please be careful sissy and call me when you get there"

"I will sissy," we let each other go and I walked out the door as quietly as I could.

The bus ride to California was unbearably long. Maybe it was the constant need to see Dakota as soon as possible that kept me going. We had Skyped the night before and he knows that I was coming. I just don't know what I'm going to do when I get there. I don't know where I'm going to stay or how long I'm going to be there but I've always been good at occupying myself with things to do.

I looked down at my phone and searched through my contact list. Everyone that I know lives in either Texas or Mexico, so the odds of me finding somewhere to stay are very thin. I could stay with Dominic at his apartment, but the second he knew I was here he would call my dad and send me back home. So I have to do my best to avoid him.

I scrolled and scrolled until I got to the V's. 

"Vicky," I said to myself.

I could stay with Vicky, Bianca, and Nadia but I don't think Vicky would want anything to do with me since I'm Dominic's sister. I don't want to put her in an awkward position by showing up at her door unexpectedly. Right now she's the only option that I have other than a hotel and I can't afford that.

Twenty long hours later, the bus stopped at the station and let us all out. Thankfully the distance from Vicky's place and where I was wasn't too far of a walk. It'll probably take me thirty minutes at most to get there. And just my luck, it was night time so I couldn't see a damn thing. 

"Great"

I had to ask a couple of people who happened to be walking by if they knew where I was going. Thankfully there was a nice old lady that knew the exact way and offered to drive me there.

"So what are you doing here in California?" the old lady, whose name was Susan, asked me. "Pursuing your dreams as an actress or something?"

"I couldn't act to save my life," I said. "I just have something important that I have to do"