Chapter Eight

Victoria was in her closet trying to find something to wear for the club. She was really excited about going to a club again after a while. Ever since the under 21 club got shut down back in Texas, Friday nights haven't been as fun.

Victoria and Dominic haven't given each other much conversation since the day before. Mostly because they didn't know how to start one. Victoria didn't want to tell Dominic that she spent her whole day with a tall and muscular guy that could melt ice off of glaciers. And Dominic didn't want to tell Victoria that he spent his day going back and forth about his relationship with her.

Needless to say, the room was full of awkwardness.

Victoria accidentally dropped her lipstick and they both reached to grab it. Their eyes met and Victoria quickly turned away and removed her hand from his. Dominic picked up the lipstick and put it on the dresser. The next thing she knew, Victoria felt two hands rub up and down her arms.

"Are you okay?" Dominic asked close to her ear. "You seem a little tense"

"I-I-I'm fine," Victoria stood up and walked over to the bathroom. 

He walked over to her and kissed her neck. She couldn't help but slightly moan at how good it felt, they haven't had sex in a week and sexual tension was eating at both of them. But for some reason, Victoria refused to give in. She pulled away and walked out of the bedroom.

"Are you hiding something?" Victoria jumped and realized that it was Janet and Janese with their arms crossed.

"I'm fine," she lied. "I'm just a little frustrated about the auditions on Monday"

"mmmmhm," Janese walked slowly towards the living room and left Janet and Victoria alone. 

Janet stared at Victoria with concern in her eyes as opposed to Janese's judging look.

"What's really going on?" Janet asked. "You and Logan are twins, and he makes that same face that you're making right now whenever he did something to piss me off"

Victoria walked over to Janet and grabbed her hands, "I should be asking you if you're okay. Logan called me yesterday and said that you haven't been sending letters anymore"

Tears fell from her eyes and she collapsed into Victoria's chest. Victoria felt relieved not only because Janet is finally talking about Logan but because she just dodged a major bullet.

She wasn't ready to talk to anyone about her feeling towards Nicholas yet. Mainly because she didn't know herself. 

Thirty minutes later, everyone was set and ready to go.

When they got there, the outside looked the exact same as the one that was back home. Same fluorescent sign, a big bouncer to guard the front door and a long line of teens waiting to get inside.

At this rate, by the time they get in there, it would be morning. The place was full of dancing and hyperactive teens, which was expected. Only this place was ten times worse.

Victoria brought out her phone and dialed Becky. She picked up on the third ring.

"Hello," Becky answered in a loud voice. "Victoria are you guys here yet?"

"Yeah we're outside but the line is insane," she said turning back to the club. "There's no way we can get in with this craziness"

"Are you guys the Ranger group?" asked a tall, muscular guy that was fully dressed in black and had both of his arms covered in tattoos. "Becky is waiting for all of you inside"

Victoria placed her hand on the speaker of her phone, "What's your name?"

"Dakota," he said with a not so friendly look on his face. "Follow me if you want to get inside the club"