Chapter Three Pt.2

Keke Palmer as Becky

(Victoria's POV)

So it's been an hour since we got here and everyone seems pretty settled and ready to get their tan on. But first, I have to take care of a certain pair of twins.

"Why do you always over complicate things?!" Janet yelled at Janese. "Anytime we sleep away from home, you bring unnecessary things that make absolutely no sense."

"I honestly don't understand how bringing ten pairs of bikinis is so wrong!!" she held two pairs in her hands.

"You hate swimming. The last time you dipped your foot inside of water, you passed out for three hours."

"Okay ladies calm down!" I said standing in between them with my hands held up. "Janet if your sister wants to pack a million pairs of swimsuits for some weird reason, please let her."

"Thank you," Janese said crossing her arms and leaning back on the couch.

"And you," I turned to face Janese with a finger pointed at her. "You guys are only going to be here for two months. Packing ten pairs of bikinis isn't normal if you aren't even going to swim in them."

"Well, I am going to sunbathe and besides I don't care what you guys say. I bought them so I'm wearing them."

I swear these two have been fighting ever since we opened the door to this place. Who's getting which bed, who gets the bigger closet, who gets the bathroom with a window? 

When we had arrived, we all wanted to go out to the beach immediately. But of course, we couldn't go without captain Nadia giving us the ground rules. I like her better when she doesn't care so much.

"Do not leave the beach unless you're coming back to the condo or I will kill you. Do not go to the open bar they have there or I will kill you. If I happen to walk by you and any of you are having sex in some mysterious corner,  I will not only kill you I will throw up in my mouth. Last but not least, do not bother me unless someone is gushing out blood, got sick, or is dead. Got it?!"

We all nodded quietly out of fear, mostly because her left eye was twitching.

Lucky for us, the beach was only a two-minute walk from the condo so the Rangers ran towards it. Dominic and I trailed behind holding hands. The only thing I wanted to do at the beach was lay on a towel next to him. There will be other days to swim.

"Can you believe that this will be our home for the next four years?" I asked. "I never thought that this would even happen. After the accident, I thought that  I would never go on a stage to perform again."

Dominic rolled over off his back to face me, "What changed your mind?"

"You," I sat up and looked at the waves in the ocean. 

"It was something that I can't explain with words. Before we went on the stage during the competition, you just grabbed my hands and everything that I felt was going to go wrong went away."

I looked down at him, and he was playing with the charms on my bracelet, "What's wrong?"

"It's a lot to take in," he said now interested with the ballet slippers charm that was on my bracelet. "I am more than glad that you found a reason to dance again, but don't let that reason be me."

"Why not?" I asked. "You are the reason."

"Because you were the reason why I continued dancing," he said rolling on his back again. "And then I lost you. That day I saw you laying in that hospital bed I couldn't find a reason to dance again."