Chapter Eighteen

The choreography that Vicky does...

(Vicky's POV)
I stood right next to the curtain enough to see the audience. I saw my friends and family talking amongst themselves.

I haven't seen my father for months and I could see that he looked happy. His hair was a mixture of dark brown and grey. And I could see that he grew a beard. I just hope he's gotten around to dating again. 

"Good idea of choosing a contemporary routine," I turned around and saw Becky behind me.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"I'm just saying that it wouldn't have been a great idea to do a hip-hop routine. We both know that's not your strongest form of dance"

"I'm not that bad Becky, and it is none of your business what I do"

"Of course it isn't," she walked towards me. " But when my boyfriend and his ex have sex behind my back, it becomes my business"

I froze in complete shock. Did Dominic tell her out of guilt? Did someone see us? How could she know?

"And to answer your question, no one told me. I know that Dominic still loves you very much and you feel the same for him"

"Becky, I am so sorry--"

She held up a hand, "Everyone talks about how great and talented you are when actually you're a wannabe poser"

"Okay, that's enough!" I heard a voice from behind the curtain. Elena, one of my friends in our class, came out and stood beside me along with three other girls.

"Elena what do you want?" Becky asked. "I get enough of you in class"

"Oh, I have not even started girlfriend. Vicky is one of the best dancers in our class. And you can't stand that"

"She still needs some work," Becky chuckled.

"Becky, I'm sorry that I slept with Dominic but do not insult my dancing"

"You have no right to tell me anything, homewrecker. Don't forget that I am still your section leader. If I say that you need to improve, then you need to improve"

Elena stepped in front of Becky and crossed her arms, "You got leadership by default. If Jocelyn didn't get expelled, we wouldn't be having this conversation"

The girls that were with Elena started laughing.

"If she's so great, why doesn't she do a hip-hop routine?" Becky placed her hands on her hips. "Scared you'll fall on your ass"

"I don't need to prove anything to you," I said. "Besides I don't have any shoes or an outfit"

"I have an extra outfit," one of Elena's friends said. "What's your shoe size?"

"Seven and a half"

"Great! I'm an eight!" Elena clapped her hands. 

I look down at her brown Timberland shoes and automatically knew I was going to fall on my face. I don't do the best dancing with shoes that restrict me from pointing. But Dominic once told me that it was kind of the point.

Hello!" Becky interrupted. "She doesn't even have a routine. You cant just freestyle. It's against the rules"

"She has a routine," Elena's friend said. "I saw her last week dancing to that Jasmine V song"

"Oh," I said turning red. "I didn't mean for anyone to see that"

"Well girl you were going hard," said the friend. "So are you doing this or not?"