Part 20 ( manan special)

Manik was the first one to wake up. His gaze move towards Nandani who was sleeping on his chest, like she haven't slept in days. Nd it's true also, it's been a whole month she hadn't sleep properly. He smiled seeing her sleeping on him. He was cage by her petite body. His hands automatically move towards her cheeks and slowly caressed them. His fingers slowly traced her nose moving towards her lips which were parted. This cause Nandani to move a little and she rub her face with her chuckles, just like a baby. He grinned and squeezed her in his arms making her whin.

Na: maniiiiiii ( whining )

Ma: I missed you nandu

Na: same but you have to stop squeezing me and let me sleep

Saying this Nandani roll over him and sleep again, hugging a pillow. Manik pouted seeing this and poke her arms to which she slapped his hand and looked at him, finally opening her eyes.

Ma: don't you have to go hospital.

Na: no Manik..I got a off today ( yawning)

Ma: suddenly!?? ( confused)

Na: yeah..or else you want me to go

Ma: why would I want that Nandu. I was craving to be with you.

Na: I know ( moving towards him and hugging him) I missed your food..kuch bna do ( looking at him) 

Ma: ( frowned) you were supposed to say I miss you

Na: I miss you manik..ab kuch bna do ( pouting)

Ma: you and your cute faces..uff..kya khana h ?

Na: umm..pizz....

Ma: (cutting her) main hi pagal hu jo tumse puch rha hu..

Saying this manik stood up and went downstairs. Nandani pouted as he cut her off and went. But eventually shrugged and went to washroom. She washed her face after brushing and looked herself in mirror. Her face has few red marks due to masks that she had to wear while treating patients. She caressed them softly. Her face seems a little swollen. But not for once manik looked at her marks or said anything. Instead every time she came home, he give her a 'I'm proud of you' look. He was and is, standing beside her all this time. Not for once he leave her side. Nandani smiled thinking that and immediately ran downstairs.

Manik was cutting some veggies when he felt two arms crawling on his chest. He smiled and pulled Nandani in front of him. There was a smile on her face which he noticed after so many days. She has been busy and always tired.

Ma: Kya baat h..bhout pyaar aa rha h ( poking her nose making her scrunch it)

Na: thank you mani.

Ma: for ? ( tasing his eyebrows)

Na: for being at my side all this time.

Ma: Nandu I'm husband cum friend and it's my duty to be with you. And remember while taking pheras I promised you to be at your side in hard times. So I'm full filling that.

Na: sometimes I wonder what i did to deserve you

Ma: kuch bhout acha kra hoga ( teasing tone) tabhi itna handsome pati milla h

Na: cutest Malhotra ( pulling his cheeks)

Ma: ayeee mera ego hurt hua

Na: dekho agar mujhe khana nhi milla toh bhout kuch hurt hoga ( threatened )