I decide that it's time for me to woman up and take Cooper's advice. Talk to him. How hard can this be?

"Ahem," I clear my throat and immediately Grayson turns his head to look at me with curiosity. "Um," I say as I put a piece of hair behind my ear. "Did you decide w-what you're o-ordering?" I question. Only minimal stuttering. Yes!

"Yeah, I'm getting two of the build-your-own burgers. I actually come here a lot. I always get the same thing, yet I feel the need to look over the menu every time," he laughs. I grin at him. "So, you're one of those people? You find something you like and stick to it?"

"Yeah, that's me," he says. "That's not you, I assume?"

"Nope. I love trying new foods. What if I find something I like better than my original choice? I'll never know."

"But," he reasons, "If you order something else and end up not liking it, then you're stuck with something you don't like."

"I guess," I say. "At Java, I've tried all the drinks at least twice. I'm unpredictable with my drinks. I'll always keep you on your toes," I laugh, and a smile is mirrored on his beautiful face as well. That's when I notice the dimple in his right cheek, which only makes him more attractive. I internally swoon until he asks me a question. "What are you ordering to eat?"

I bite my lip and turn to the menu, flipping through the pages. I'm on the page with the salads when Grayson puts his hand lightly over mine. "Order what you'd like, Thea." I was planning on ordering a salad, but not because I'm trying to be "thin" in front of Grayson or anything like that. I will proudly eat pounds of food in front of others and not be ashamed. 

"Okay, I'll order what I really want IF you promise not to make fun of me," I tell him, to which he tightens the hand gripping mine. "I will never judge you. Ever."

"Okay. I was gonna get the same thing as you, but every time I eat a burger I make a mess."

Grayson chuckles, and so does Axel and Cooper, reminding me that they're at the table too. I laugh with them as well. "No, I'm being serious, Grayson! Like, ketchup gets everywhere and the tomato never stays on the bun for longer than a few bites and my hands get all greasy and don't forget about the onions that-" I'm stopped by an amused Grayson as he places two fingers on my lips to shut me up. His strategy works to stop my talking, but does nothing to stop my thoughts from racing. He's touching my lips. He's TOUCHING my lips. He's TOUCHING MY LIPS!

Grayson seems to have the same thoughts as mine because his eyes slightly darken and his focus shifts to my lips. He slowly slides his fingers down my lips, catching the bottom one slightly and causing it to be pulled down before being released. Grayson takes in a sudden breath and slowly, ever so slowly begins to lean forward. His trance only lasts for a second before the waiter comes back to take our orders. Grayson groans when I look towards the waiter, and Axel smirks and whispers something into Cooper's ear which causes Cooper to laugh in response. 

After we all order, the conversation picks up again. I should mention that I was the only normal one of the group who ordered one burger. The guys all ordered two burgers and six sides for all of us to share, which is insane if I might add. 

Me and Cooper started talking about school, and Grayson also talked about his college years. I learned that he studied Business and graduated in three years instead of four. He used his degree to help him with his family business, which was passed down to him by his father. He told me that his father died a few years back. He seems devastated. I know I would be if it were my mom who passed.

The mood lightened after that and before I knew it, the food was served. All the guys dig into their meals while I remain staring at the monstrosity of a burger that lay before me.