Chapter 8: The man behind it all

" Seems like you've been through quite ALOT " Mei laughed, her back resting against the propped up bed in the hospital room she remained in. She was cleared to leave today, she just waited for all the paper work to completed by her parents. Kagura who sat with just smiled after telling her his story so far with becoming Zi-O. " Yeah it really was a lot but, I made this far " Kagura nodded softly before telling her of recent events " Although, not everything was so bad. When I received my cousins powers and went back to 2016, I was able to alter some events to prevent Hojo from fading away in the timeline so Ex-Aid never existed but the other riders did. " he smiled to which Mei had to clarify " Which means you only gave your cousin that watch. In turn letting the you that fought against Another Ex-Aid to receive it  " Kagura nodded as they both smiled " So what's next? " she looked at his eyes to which he leaned back into his book and said " I'm not sure usually Another Rider would pop up instantly but I'm glad it hasn't I have to met you with Onee-Chan and Senpai, I haven't spoken with them since Another Build happened. " Mei tilted her head lightly " Mind if I come along? " she asked to which Kagura nodded " Sure I wouldn't mind! " he smiled happily before Emu knocked on the room door. " Pardon me, Hatsume-Chan, your free to go when your ready " he told Mei who nodded in response " Oh and Kagura, there's a boy by the name of ' Eijiro Kirishima ' who is waiting for you by the main lobby " Oh shoot! He's here already! " he quickly stood up as Mei chuckled " Don't leave me behind! " she called after him.

In the lobby, Kirishima had been waiting for Kagura. He was the one who told the boy that Jirou and Yaoyorozu wanted to see him, but he didn't say if the surprise party waiting for him. He soon saw Kagura approaching with Mei. " Yo Takeyama! " Kirishima grinned as he waved " Hey Kirishima! " Kagura replied as he walked up the red haired male. " You look a lot better from when I last saw you " Kagura delightedly complimented " Yeah, all thanks to you " Kirishima grinned before noticing Mei " Your that girl from the park, glad to see your better " He said as Mei just placed a hand on her hip and smiled back " Yep, and I owe you thanks,heard you and someone else tried to protect me " she smiled and Kirishima only looked to the side " well, you were unconscious by the time I saw that monster but I did my best but Bakugo was the real man " Kirishima replied before Kagura grabbed Mei's arm then Kirishima's " We're on a time table people! I gotta see Onee-Chan and Senpai! " he told them which both of them chuckled and simply followed him out the door of them.

They soon found themselves walking down the pavement leading into the more rural area of the town; Kagura already told Yu that he'd probably be home later in the day more specifically around nighttime. Mei had caught up with her parents earlier just before meeting up with Kirishima in the hospital's lobby telling her she was going to hang out with Kagura for a bit which surprisingly they were fine with. Kirishima lead them while they chatted " So Takeyama, I heard you've got a gig time traveling, Jirou told me all about it, what's it like? " He looked down towards Kagura who had one arm linked around Kirishima's arm and the other around Mei's, showing his inner child like behavior. He replied to Kirishima " It's a lot of work, especially when I have to go randomly " He skipped in between them as Mei lifted her a bit watching him jump a bit making a giggle as she watched him. " Well what's important is that your protecting something precious to us all! Our memories! " Kirishima gave a thumbs up which Kagura thought of Sento, Banjou, and Emu, he gave a slight smile as his grip around both Mei and Kirishima's arms softly tightened " Yeah..." Kirishima looked down towards Kagura and blinked as Kagura momentary let go of his arm to wipe a few tears that left his eyes " H-Hey! What's up?! " he asked concerned as Mei rubbed Kagura's back " I-I'm fine, it's just...even though it's only been two days since i got my powers....So much has happened and sometimes it's just too much to handle. " Kagura said to them " Don't worry, today you'll get the break you deserve trust me " Kirishima smiled to which Kagura nodded in response. Soon after thirty minutes of walking they arrived at their destination; Nathan's home.