Chapter 7: Promises

" I don't get it....." Kagura murmured, he sat on the couch within Nathan's home, moreover the living room " He's never like this....he usually accepts help of any kind..."he said to himself. " Looks worse than I thought..."Nathan said as he glanced at Kagura from the kitchen, Vernage beside him " I did some digging, apparently this ' Hojo Emu ' is the only documented blood relative of Kagura, that's alive at least. My guess is that due to Emu's school life and choice of career he couldn't manage to take care of Kagura and himself at once. But accordion to the documents I've looked into they were still pretty close. " She told Nathan who only nodded " Which makes this would deeper. Having a family member act that cold towards you.....it isn't something received lightly especially if trust was well built " Nathan crossed his arms. Before overhearing the trio in the living room; " All this means is that he isn't to be trusted with the matter...." Geiz was leaned against the wall which Kagura looked up at him from his seat on the couch " Look, he didn't even remember who were as in when we fighting him, and the way his armor vanished definitely meant his powers are gone. The alter had to occur the year became a rider, 2016. Since he isn't of any help, I'll deal with the issue myself..." Geiz began to walk to the door " You can't just go at it alone! " Kagura stood up but was suddenly shot a glare which startled even him " This isn't Zi-O's problem anymore..." Geiz walked out the front door closing it behind him. Kagura fell back onto the couch gripped the ends of his shorts, his eyes began to warm as tears slowly streamed out. " I-I....just want to...protect everyone...." he held his head and just began sobbing to the point that Tsukuyomi didn't know what to do or say.

Nathan sighed softly as Vernage couldn't comprehend why the child was crying " Why is he....sad, did Geiz say something that bad? " she asked which Nathan clarified " These past few days have been rough in Kagura....I learned from Jirou that he has a strong way of masking his emotions. She says he's very sensitive as well, my guess is that with Geiz constantly looking at him as that evil overlord instead of the person he is, he has no choice but to try appease Geiz....but he's just a kid he doesn't know how to handle stress..." Nathan did his best to attempt an explanation. Vernage simply starred sympathetically at the boy from the kitchen she and Nathan watched from " I guess it was a good idea for us to erase the memory of him witnessing such a brutal murder of Sento and Banjou in that timeline....he would have probably been traumatized to the point the he wouldn't be able to fight anymore...." then Nathan finished her sentence " And Geiz would've killed him..." Nathan watched as Tsukuyomi tried her best at comforting him, holding him close while rubbing his back while he cried.

Toga was across the street from Nathan's house, holding an umbrella as it rained. "....why does he have to suffer.....he just wanted a dream to come true..." she said aloud quietly before hearing the sound a camera shot being taken. " Suffering is about his journey......it was apart of mine, and it seems I didn't the best at watching the real world, now he's stuck with a mess I could have prevented when I was younger...." Toga looked beside her at the man with the camera and asked "....you won't....take him away for me right?....." she asked and simply replied " No. I won't. As cruel as I must be to him......as cruel as I have to do things to him....it's all to teach him to strive to live in the face of death....to strive to achieve success in the face of those who oppose his ideals, to strive to become the king the world needs him to be..."He looked back down towards Toga who simply nodded " I know you want revenge for your school friend, I wasn't expecting him to get caught in the crossfire with the Time Jackers....but he'll be fuel for Zi-O. Although you can't go back in time with him, I'll let you in on a secret. ZI-O will go back in time and destroy the original Another Ex-Aid...but the second was born today in the present, he won't know this now but he'll figure it out, and when he does, you'll help him win the fight...." he turned and began walking away into that mysterious dimensional wall that seemed to appear whenever he was around.