Chapter 11: Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Weeks flew by and we arrived in Kentucky. It was a sunny Tuesday morning. Media day had come and gone and now it was a couple days off before qualifying.

"Dylan, Ryan, and Chase are out at the grassy area. Wanna go play soccer or something?" Connor asked coming out of the bathroom.

"Sure grab my keys." I ran back to where we kept our clothes and grabbed a T-shirt and some athletic shorts.

We drove out to the field. The three Nationwide drivers were sitting in the middle of the field.

"Let's play some ball." Connor yelled throwing the ball out.

We divided into teams and played some soccer. Ryan, Chase, and I were team Luxurious. Connor and Dylan were team Awesome. Ryan tripped Dylan and shot a goal. I jumped on Connor to get the ball from him. Now when we play soccer there are absolutely no rules. You can trip, shove, push.

It got to the last few minutes and the score was 4-6. We had been playing for two hours and there was more dirt on us than anything else.

"Alright well I'm going to shower because I feel disgusting." I said climbing on my golf cart. All the boys complained about walking back to the track so I drove everyone back into the track. Once I dropped Ryan off, Dylan and Connor went to play video games.

"Do you really need to shower now?" Chase stuck out his bottom lip.

"I guess not. You just get a very muddy and gross Hunter." I said closing my hauler door.

"I'm with that. I feel like taking a walk around the track." Chase said taking my hand. We started at the start finish line.

"Ready for Friday?" I asked entering turn one.

"Just another night race." Chase said shrugging.

"Night races are my favorite. Nights under the lights are pretty spectacular." I skipped.

"Well when you put it that way." Chase smiled exiting turn one.

We finished our walk talking about everything from graduation to the Chase. Summer had begun so no school meant lots of free time and lots of time with Chase.

"Hunter I'm taking you out tonight." Chase spit out. When I thought about it. Chase and I had been together for three months.

"Where are we going?" I giggled. "It's not like we know what is around here."

"Just dress casual." Chase told me walking me to my hauler. "Now go get ready I will be back at sundown."

I went to ask questions but Chase started walking away. I smiled and walk into the hauler. Connor was sitting at the table eating popcorn and scrolling on his phone. I walked over and grabbed a handful of popcorn.

"Say please?" Connor looked up in shock.

"Please Connor may I have some popcorn?" I asked.

"Well I don't want it back." Connor noticed as I swallowed. I laughed and walked back and looked at my closet. We each had a small closet and a chest with clothes and shoes. I looked through my clothes. I finally picked out a blue flannel and red tank-top some jeans and black vans. I walked into the bathroom and put some light makeup on. I pulled out a plastic container with my hair accessories in it. I moved bows around until I found a red hair bow my dad had given me. I held the small memento in my hand and then pulled my hair back into a braided half up half down and clipped the bow in. I walked out into the kitchen and grabbed my backpack.

"Where are you going?" Connor asked looking up.

"Chase and I are going out." I said looking for my golf cart keys.

Right on cue, Chase knocked on the door and walked in. He was wearing a red flannel with jeans and his blue Nikes'.

"Hello Blue family." Chase said entering the hauler.

"Hey Chase." Connor said shaking Chase's hand.

"Hey Connor I am gonna take your sister out tonight. Sound good?" Chase asked. He was so sweet.

"Just have her back by midnight." Connor gave me a hug like a little kid and held on to my waist. " I love my sister." He said in a baby voice.

Chase grabbed my hand and we started walking. I offered to drive but Chase said the walk was part of the fun. The sky was growing darker. We walked out of the gates and into the fields we had played at earlier. There was a blanket on the ground surrounded by jars with electronic candles inside.

"Happy Three Months Hunter." Chase said handing me a bouquet of red roses which were my favorite. I was amazed that he had set all this up.

We laid down on the blanket and looked up at the star filled sky. I felt Chase grab my hand and I slid over and snuggled into his shoulder. We pointed out different constellations in the sky. We saw the Big Dipper and Orion's belt. Chase had ordered pepperoni pizza and gotten some chocolate cupcakes for dinner.

Two hours later Chase and I were walking back to the track hand in hand. The moon provided light until clouds covered and forced us to use our phones. We were at the gates when a clap of thunder and a shower came upon us. We ran for shelter under a canopy that had been set up for the races. Chase and I both bursted out into laughter.

"Your a little wet." Chase said wiping a water droplet off my cheek. We were absolutely soaked from head to toe.

"You too." I laughed.

"Ready for a quick run to that umbrella over there?" Chase glanced. I nodded and we made a mad dash to the next umbrella. We did this repeatedly until we were back at my hauler.

"Goodnight Chase. Thank you for a magical night." I smiled.

"Anytime." Chase smiled back. We stood there for a moment. Our faces drew closer together until our lips touched. The rain fell around us. Just like a movie.

"I love you." Chase said breaking the kiss after a few seconds.

"I love you too." I said opening the door.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

I am really loving this story! It is so fun to write. I have been writing at hours at a time. I really hope you guys love it as much as I do. If you really like NASCAR stories, check my reading list for some. So comment today some stories that you love that you want me to read and any other nice comments just to make me smile :)

- Love Megan