Chapter 24: 16 Going On 60

I always loved the New Hampshire weather. I wasn't to hot and it wasn't freezing. It was just nice. I got up and did my normal shower and hair routine. It was about 8:45 and Connor was still snoring away. I put on sweatpants and a NAPA jacket and walked into the kitchen to make breakfast. I made french toast and sausage for me and eggs and bacon for Connor.

"Morning." Connor moaned sitting down in front of his food.

"Good morning." I said setting down his coffee with two sugar packets. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yea. What about you?" Connor said putting some pepper on his eggs.

"Pretty good. Ready for today?" I asked making my tea.

"I guess." Connor said taking a bite of eggs.

We finished breakfast and went on for a special Tuesday. Connor went back and laid in bed and played on his phone. I closed his bed curtain so I could get dressed. I had picked out a blue and pink Aztec tank top and some ripped jeans. My hair was down and straight and I clipped in a pink bow to match my shirt. Once my make up was done I grabbed my bag and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Connor asked drawing back his curtain.

"Umm I am going to take a walk with Chase." I hesitated.

"Ok have fun." Connor said laying back down.

I ran out the door and ran into Chase.

"Whoa, where are you running to Miss Blue." Chase smiled.

"It's today." I hinted.

"Oh yeah." Chase said taking out his phone and calling Dylan and Ryan telling him to meet is in the main building in the plaza.

Chase and I grabbed a tub of decorations from his hauler and fastened them on the back of my cart. Luckily we got away from my hauler before Connor saw.

We walked into the press building and found many close friends.

"Where do we start?" Joey said holding up the banner. I smiled and gave my list to everyone. People scattered and got the place all decorated.

"What time is the party?" Dylan asked giving me back my tape.

"5:00." I yelled.

"He's coming. What do I do?" Kyle Larson came running in.

"Tell him you need to borrow a plunger or something. Get him away from here." I panicked and Kyle ran out the door.

"Ready Hunter?" Joey asked pulling up in his truck.

Chase and I climbed in and headed towards the closest grocery store. Joey grabbed a hat and sunglasses.

"How can I help you?" The nice lady at the bakery asked. "Are we picking out an engagement cake?" She acknowledged Chase and I holding hands.

"No." I said letting go of Chase. "We need two chocolate cakes with chocolate frosting." I said filling out a form.

"Any words on it darlin?" The lady asked.

"Happy Sweet Sixteen." I said handing her the pen and clipboard.

"Ok honey it'll be ready in two hours." She said handing me a pamphlet on engagement cakes. "And this is just in case." She winked.

We all ran out of the grocery store and headed for the sports store.

"Can we help you?" The clerk asked.

"I'm looking for this." I said handing him a piece of paper.

"You're lucky, we just got a shipment." He said heading into a back room. Chase came back with a pack of knee pads and Joey had red and yellow wheels.