Hinoe

A few years have passed at the once 10 year old (f/n) has blossomed into a beautiful, respected, and powerful demon slayer. Her rank just 3 under the highest and she was still quickly rising.

     Her relationship with sanemi blossomed into an unbreakable sibling bond. Some would say (f/n) was his pride and joy and one of his [only] weaknesses.

    It was amiable really, such a rough character having a profound need to protect and please her. He was nicer to her then his own little brother Genya at times. Sanemi and Genya's relationship though, has many dimensions rooted in but this isnt a story based on that.

   Training for years under Sanemi; (f/n) was able to fight with breath of wind but soon developed her own style breath of  desert. Her fighting style was unique in the way that it combined Sanemi's savagery into an almost elegant dance; that and her sword was able to  connect and double as a dual tip staff.

  It was reasonable as to why she was noticed and reveared, it was also obvious that she would be Sanemi's successor to whenever he decided to step down as role of hashira. Working closley with the hashira she became easy friends with Shinobu, Mitsuri [and obani, because they went everywhere together] and Kyojuro.

   Kyojuro, the flame hashira found himself quickly enamored with (f/n). He found it a bit weird at first, his feelings. He'd simply never had romantic feelings for anyone. Not even Mitsuri who he trained personally.

He couldn'thelp but wonder what drew him into her. Perhaps it's the fact that she never looked back on her past and fell into despair. That could be it, she was driven and passionate. She never let her failures get her down but instead learned from them. He deeply admired those qualities and this was enough to Set his heart ablaze...

...

    "Sqwaaaaaakkkkkk.....Sqwaaaaaakkk" the crow beckoned "Rengoku [kyojuro] and Imamura, please head north for a mission. A duo of demons have been tormenting villagers and stealing children sqwaaaaakkk"

    "Wow...it must be serious since they are asking for both a hinoe and a hashira (pillar)" Sanemi said with a tch. "Infact I'm not sure you should even go it could be dangerous. I'll go with Rengoku instea-"

(F/n) rolled her eyes at sanemi "Nemi, I'll be fine. Relax"

    Sanemi tched again and blushed looking to the side. Yep a total sibling complex "youshouldntcallmethatinpublic" he muttered under his breath and them let out a sigh. He ran his fingers through his hair and audibly sighed when Kyojuro approached. "Listen man, I'm only letting her go with you cuz your strong. But if she comes back with even a scratch were scrapping and I'll chop you fucking hands off"

    "Good to see you too Sanemi" Kyojuro said with his signature pleasant smile. He patted sanemi and looked at (f/n) a small blush on his cheeks. "Wow! This is our first mission together I hope your ready" he said with his large smile. She smiled back and chuckled

   "Yeah sure is Rengoku-kun" she said bowing "I feel honored to see you in battle and not just training! Nonetheless to have you by my side in battle"

    Kyojuro blushed and laughed he patted sanemi on the shoulder "we should take our leave now to make it to an inn by sundown. Dont worry I'll protect her with all my might"

  Sanemi nodded and looked to girl who was like his sister as she packed some vital supplies.

"I've always admired her as a person amd even in training I cant wait to see her in combat" Kyojuro gushed

"Watch it" Sanemi growled "that's my kid sister your fawning over."

Kyojuro laughed his signature laugh and stood in his signiture folded arm pose. "Fawning over? Possibly...but it doesnt take away how talented of a fighter she is"

Sanemi looked to Kyojuro "Rengoku; if my sister ends up pregnant I'm chopping your dick off and sticking it to your forehead"

Kyojuro blushed and then laughed again "I respect her far to much for me to do anything of the sort unless we were...uh" he looked down "wed...and I wouldnt marry her unless I had your blessing to pursue her. But we both know that wont ever happen you wouldnt ever wish to see her marry a hashira."

Sanemi nodded "I want her to have someone who doesnt risk their life everyday, someone that is safe...steady will be there for her. Being a pillar...even as strong as we are theres a possibility we will die on duty. Shes lost so much already I atleast want her forever to be happy"

"I get it, Shinazugawa. Your actually a very sensitive guy arent ya" Kyojuro laughed and patted his back. Sanemi grumbled grumpily and sighed

"If she comes back unharmed I'll consider letting you court her."

Kyojuro's eyes widened and he smiled "yup, you totally are a sweet person"

"Rengoku, Nemi" (f/n) said with a smile "I'm ready we should head out"

"We should" Kyojuro said with a smile and a nod.

The pair started on their long journey to the north.

....

"I didnt realise how far upnorth we really had to go" (f/n) said as they checked into their first inn.

The pair had been walking all day, talking about life. They didnt even eat with how much they conversed and (f/n) was starting to feel the affects of it.

"And it must be serious as well" Kyojuro said as he opened their room door. It was a single room with 2 sleep mats; simple. "Ah, I'm sorry I asked for a room with a divider I should have-"

"Rengoku, it's okay. I shared a room with Genya before" she smiled Kyojuro nodded and sighed realising that ment she saw him as a close friend.

"I packed some food for our trip but it might have gone bad...we were supposed to eat it for lunch" (f/n) said taking out the 2 bento boxes she prepared and sighed as she  opened them...yep they totally went bad. "I'm sorry Rengoku..." she said with a heart broken look.

"Its no big deal, Imamura [yourlast name]" he responded honestly "I'll have them bring us a meal, my treat"

"You dont have too! I can pay for my part! Atleast you've already paid for the lodging for tonight" she said flustered.

"Its fine think of it as my congratulations for being promoted to hinoe!"

"Ah...well then thank you" (f/n) smiled and reviewed the items of the menu.

Kyojuro went downstairs to order their dinner and (f/n) changed out of her uniform into her pajamas. Kyojuro returned with their food and a keraff of sake. He smiled setting down their tray and watched the form of (f/n) prepaid things for the next day.

"Rengoku" (f/n) spoke gently as she sat down before him at the small table. "Do you think I'll die?"

"Huh? Why are you saying that?"

"Well if it was a mission they thought I could handle why would they need a pillar to accompany me or vise versa?"

"Well, I think of it not as a it's so horrible we wont succeed but a way to create fellowship. Sure you could handle this mission alone but what good is bejng alone when you all work for the same task force? Wouldnt want to end up like Giyuu. He always keeps to himself and though we try to be friends he always distances himself"

(F/n) looked up at kyojuro and laughed setting their plates. It was second nature for her really she would always set the dinner for her and sanemi. She poured his cup of sake and then realised what she was doing.

"Ah! I'm so sorry Rengoku; it's a habit of mine"

Kyojuro smiled at her "why are you apologizing, I should be thanking you. So thank you"

She smiled at sat across from him as he lifted his small cup "to becoming Hinoe!"

"Hinoe!!" (F/n) said with a wide smile clinking their glass together.

....

End chapter 2