𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁 11 𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊷⊷⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
How does one live alone?
╚⊶⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊷⊷⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗How does one live alone?╚⊶⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

Taehyung lay in bed that night. His mind couldn't stop thinking about what Jungkook said. Always be there for him. Taehyung felt the butterflies start in his stomach. He sighed and buried his head into his cold pillow in an attempt to cool his red cheeks.

He eventually brought out his phone, giving up trying to sleep. He went on to text and wrote a new message.

Nochu💜

I can't sleep

Neither can I

I miss you

You saw me a couple
of hours ago 😂

I know

I'm only a few floors
away

I know

Taehyung?

Yeah

I miss you too
Now go to sleep!
It's 2am!

Taehyung giggled as he put his phone away and snuggled into his bed and fell asleep.

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

The next morning Taehyung got up early. His father had given him the rest of the week of so he could get settled in his new apartment. He decided to do some chores and get used to doing them by himself instead of have maids do it for him. First thing on his agenda was to make his bed. He stared at it, somehow the duvet had gotten twisted inside the duvet cover. He tried his best to fix it but it was still lumpy by the time he was done. He decided it was best to just leave it.

Next thing he was to do was to wash the dishes from the night before. He picked up the dish and ran the water putting it under. He furrowed his eyebrows at it, why wasn't the dirt coming off of it? He decided to just leave it with the water running so it could wash itself. He smiled to himself, he didn't know what he was worried about, living by hisself was proving to be rather easy. After all the work he was doing he was getting pretty hungry so he needed to cook himself breakfast. He cracked a few eggs into a pan and put them on top of the burner. He waited a while and quickly got bored. Why weren't they cooking? Maybe they took a long time? He searched it up on the internet it said it should only take a few minutes.

He touched the pan, it wasn't even hot. He groaned as he realised his mistake. He hadn't actually turned it on yet. Eventually everything was up and running and his eggs were cooking. He went and got a plate and a spatula to get the eggs from the pan to the plate. He tried to get the first egg but it was stuck hard to the pan. He the tried the second one but it was the same story. He sighed and took the pan off the heat and threw it in the sink so it would hopefully be clean by the time he was finished breakfast. He put some toast in the toaster and waited for it to toast. He ate that and shoved his plate in the sink as well. He really hoped they would hurry up and clean so his sink wouldn't get too full.

He then decided he would do the laundry. He only had a few things to wash but he decided he may as well wash them so he wouldn't have too much laundry all at one time. He put them in the washing machine and went to go get soap. He got the soap and squirted some of it into the washing machine with the clothes. He wasn't exactly sure how much he needed so he just kept going until he felt there was enough to wash the clothes. He closed the door and turned it on.

He then went to go run a bath for himself. Another thing to check off his list of things he'd never done. A maid had always run a bath for him. He turned on the tap and left it to fill itself up while he lay in his bed.

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

He fell asleep pretty quickly tired from his chores. When he woke up he realised it was hours later, he frowned, his bath would be cold now. He went to go drain it. What he wasn't expecting was that when he opened the door a flood would come out and knock him over onto the now soaked floor. Taehyung stood up, confused. Why hadn't the bath stopped itself from overflowing. He was about to go turn the tap back off but the heard the fire alarm go off in the kitchen. He rushed out. Luckily there was no fire but the sink was now also overflowing with water and he spread over to the hob which he'd forgotten to turn off and it had created a lot of steam. Taehyung took a towel and waved it around the fire alarm until it eventually went off.

Taehyung wanted to cry, he'd tried so hard to do everything right but it was all a disaster. He went to go check on the washing with a horrible feeling in his chest, and sure enough when he walked into the utility closet there was bubbles everywhere. Taehyung sank to the floor and he did cry, he just wanted to do something for himself for once and he could've never guessed it would fail so horribly.

He took his phone out of his pocket and even though it too was wet it was still working. He dialled the number of the only person's voice he wanted to hear.
"Taehyung? Is everything okay?" The voice answered.
Taehyung burst out crying not even able to say anything down the phone.
"I'll be right there"

Then the phone hung up. Taehyung sat there, wallowing in his own misery as his apartment flooded around him. The door slammed open and Taehyung looked up to see Jungkook there, his eyes wide as he looked around.
"What happened?"
Taehyung didn't answer and just looked back at him with tear filled eyes.
Jungkook walked over to him and picked him up off the floor "it's okay, I'll fix this. You just sit here" he said leading him to the couch.

Jungkook turned off the tap and the bathtub so to not make the damage worse and got as many towels as he could find and placed them in the parts where the water was the worst. He turned the washing machine and the burner and the. started cleaning up the bubbles everywhere. Jungkook went back over to the couch where Taehyung was still sniffling away.
"It's almost back to normal, don't worry we just need the towels to soak up most of the water and then it'll be easy from then on"
Taehyung nodded.
"Now tell me what happened" Jungkook said soothingly, putting and arm around Taehyung and rubbing his back gently.

"I wanted to prove to myself that I could live by myself" Taehyung started quietly "so I tried to wash the dishes but the water wouldn't clean them so I left them and then I tried to make breakfast but the eggs wouldn't come out of the pan. I tried to wash my clothes but I must've used the wrong soap and then I tried to run myself a bath but I fell asleep. I thought it would stop by its self. I'm so stupid"
"You've never done this before Taehyung. Don't be so hard on yourself"
"But I'm useless, I can't do anything"
Jungkook sighed "you'll learn, you just need to know how. Now why don't you come up to mine and we can have dinner?"
Taehyung nodded and followed Jungkook up to his apartment.

Is this....is this a double update? Yes I think so. I've had a lot more time since I don't even have exams to study for since they were cancelled :(