40. The Tutor (End)

Beginne am Anfang

While Carson and I were away they had packed all in one day and in another two days moved all of the stuff into the house.  Pretty much nothing was unpacked, but it was still all there.

Rick was still with us and promised to help.

We spent the next three days sorting through everything, unpacking only certain boxes that were going back down with Carson and I

It was tireless and ridiculous, and awful, but we did it.

At one point Carson had found an old photo album of me when I was a child.  He and my mother spent the next hour going through it and laughing…  Not fun.

We got most of the stuff unpacked and all the rest of the stuff in my car, which I really haven’t used since I left for the boarding school.  My car was not big enough for everything so our plan was to get a U-Haul truck and my parents would drive it back down with us and then fly back up.  So much travelling is really taking a toll on me though.

Finally after about two weeks we had everything in a U-haul and made our way back down to our apartment.

We got there and began unpacking everything.

Our parents helped us the first day, but then after that it was all up to us.  They said they’d be back down to visit in a few months, just so that my mom can help me with the whole being pregnant thing.

“We’re home.”  I said smiling, sitting with Carson on our couch.  We had unpacked a lot of the stuff, but not everything yet.

“It feels nice to say.”  He had me wrapped in his arms.

“I’m happy.”  I said quietly.

He kissed my forehead.  “As you should be.”

“But I’m also worried.”

“About?”

“…the baby.”

“What about it?”

“What if something goes wrong?  What if it dies?  What if I’m not a good mother?  What if there’s something wrong with it? What if-”  I was cut off by Carson crashing his lips onto mine.  He pressed me down on couch and I immediately calm down from my earlier worry.

He finally broke the kiss and looked at me.  “Gracie May Meyers, nothing will go wrong, you’ll be a wonderful mother, and it’s going to be a perfect little baby.”

I smiled.  “You think so?”

“I know so.  I’m smart, remember?”

I laughed.  “Yes, and I know you’ll be a wonderful father.”

“It’s weird though…I’m going to be a father.”

“I know.” I hugged him closer to me and we stayed there for a while, and then he actually fell asleep on top of me.  I didn’t mind though.  I just fell asleep too.

~*~
“These cravings are killing me Carson.”  I said placing my head on our table.

He laughed.  “Tell me what you want and I’ll make it.  I know being six months pregnant is tough.”

“Tough, it’s killing me and I still have three months to go!”

It’s been a while.  Carson has officially started school and I have not.  I got a job though, writing little articles for a newspaper.  I can do it at home.  It’s convenient.

Carson it doing wonderful, of course and yes, like always, girls are just knocking each other out to get to him.  He makes it very clear though that he’s married with a baby on the way.  I’m beginning to think he’s really proud of that.