37. The Tutor

37

It’s been a month.  One whole month and Carson and I have barely left each other’s side.  Watching the month get smaller and smaller was the saddest thing I’ve ever seen.

Right now I’m sitting with Carson in his room, upset beyond belief. 

The month ends tomorrow.  We plan on not reminding Sasha, but I’m pretty sure she hasn’t forgotten because this whole week she’s been smirking at us.

“Why Carson…why…”  I say lying on his chest.

“Don’t worry, I’ll call you all the time and I’ll try and work things out with my dad.  I’m pretty sure I can reason with him that his girlfriend is a malicious evil woman.”

“I hope so.  I mean now it’s just gone too far.  Don’t you think this is getting a little old?  There needs to be new drama in our life.”

“You want drama?”

“No, not really, but I’m getting sick of the same worry all the time…it’s just gone on too long.”

“Yeah, I agree.”

“Seriously though what kind of crazy woman does this?  Don’t you think it’s a little much?”

“Yeah, it really is.”

I sighed. 

The next day Sasha approached us smirking.  “Well, I called my mom.  I told her that this whole time you and him have been sneaking around behind people’s backs.” She chuckled.  “Carson, you dad said that you better begin packing your stuff because he’s calling the dean.”

“Alright.”  He said looking defeated.

Finally I snapped.  “Sasha!  What’s the point of this?!  To get back at me by tearing him away and ruining his future?!  What’s wrong with you?!  Don’t you think this is a little much?”

“Gracie my dear, it’s no longer about any of that.  Now it’s all on principle.  You wronged me, I’ll get you back.”

“This is too much though!  You’re not just getting me back!  You’re hurting Carson too!”

“Well, what’s done is done.  I can’t call my mom back and say it’s a lie.  They’ve already made the arrangements.”

I sighed in defeat.  “Sasha, I’ve never met someone so evil.  Even your brother wasn’t as bad.”

“Well, what can I say?  I’m just a spoiled rotten brat that wants to see a stupid girl like you crumble.”  She smirked and walked away.

That’s when I tear finally rolled down my cheek.  I’ve been defeated.  It’s over.

Carson wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we walked to his dorm.

He got his duffel bags out and began loading his clothes into them.

I helped here and there. 

While I was looking through his desk I found a picture. 

It was of us on Thanksgiving.  His dad had taken it.

I looked at it and realized how long ago it was.  It felt like only a little while ago. 

I can’t believe that Renee has been after me since then.  It’s just ridiculous.  That’s like what insane people do.

I sighed. 

I felt Carson walk up behind me and place his hands on my waist.  He put his chin on my shoulder.