• Lost In Time; Pt. 1 (Thriller Era) •

A/N: Hey everybody! Long time, no see, I know. If you'd like a full explanation as to why it's taken me so long to update, please do check out my latest announcement I posted, as I wouldn't want to waste any more of your precious time and keep content from you for a second longer! Just know that I am grateful beyond words for all of the continued support I've received on this book; thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for every follow, vote and comment!

This two-part (potentially three!) imagine is a little different from my usual content, but I'd like to think that it is a positive change as I continue to learn and perfect my writing. This idea had been lingering in my mind for a while and I'm glad I finally decided to commit to it once and for all! Please do let me know what you all think, I always welcome feedback!

Without any further ado, I hope you enjoy Lost In Time !

February 28th, 1984

"Mr Jackson!"

"Over here please, Michael!"

"This way, Mr Jackson!"

The hustle and bustle of the red carpet was undoubtedly a soul- consuming, mind-numbing spectacle, especially given after the historicity of the night's events thus far. This couldn't be more true for the very man responsible for all of the excitement, commotion and world-changing events of that fateful night; we are of course talking about none other than Michael Jackson.

Clutching the emblems of his success proudly and protectively to his chest, Michael beamed brighter than he potentially had ever in his entire life. The night had been everything he could ever have dreamed of and even more, certifying his dream to change the world with the gift and blessing of music. The night's celebrations had been fit for a true King, a title deserved no more than the man whose achievements had transformed the world and lives of so many.

Despite his undisputable talent and success, Michael was baffled beyond belief that he alone could create an impact such as this. All he did was set out to execute his dream, and having done that was enough of a miracle in and of itself. The additional recognition, fame and fortune were mere bonuses, but he was determined to soak up the atmosphere and feelings of elation that delightfully consumed his being. After all of his trials and tribulations in his twenty-five years of life so far, he couldn't deny his happiness at the seemingly changing tides and felt nothing but excitement for the future.

Following the utter tornado of excitement that was the red-carpet, he set aside his precious Grammy awards as he endeavoured to mingle with the ceremony's guests, receiving the congratulatory wishes bestowed upon him with a full and grateful heart.

It can't be denied, however, that Michael was indeed in a gloriously mistified daze, his entire being pumped with adrenaline that made the conversations held with other musicians and famous faces dissipate as soon as the last words were uttered. Even those with his family, Quincy Jones, his companion Emmanuel Lewis and glamorous date Brooke Shields, were a blur of commending applause, bright smiles and warm embraces.

Hours of intense socialising and exhilaration were slowly but surely taking their toll of Michael, although he would never admit it. His mother, however, could not be shunned of the true feelings of exhaustion that clouded his eyes from behind his shades. Placing a hand on his cheek, she recommended he take a short break, or even return home if need be and, after some gentle persuasion, Michael ultimately agreed.

After bidding a brief farewell to his friends, family members, and even the press, Michael temporarily left the premises while escorted by Bill Bray. Many noticed his leaving, but he assured that he would return very shortly and eased their worried consciouses, promising that he simply needed some fresh air and time alone.