• Loved (Bad Era) •

Bad Era☆ 

"Thank you for your help!" you called to the bellboy who had carried your luggage to the elevator for you.

You had just arrived at the hotel Michael was staying in for one of his tour dates. Since you didn't live too far away, you had decided to visit him, as it was rare that you got to see him much these days.

You two had been friends since you were teenagers; your dad was a sound engineer for Epic Records at the time that The Jacksons had just signed with the label. As an avid music lover yourself, you had begged your dad to let you spend some time with him in the studio, seeing how everything worked. One day he gave in when he was helping The Jacksons record their hit single 'Enjoy Yourself', and you and Michael had hit it off, proving to be inseparable ever since. That is, when he wasn't busy recording or promoting his work through interviews and tours, which seemed endless to you. You were proud of him, and deep down, you had always wished that the two of you could be more than friends.

"Y/N!" an excited voice tore you away from your thoughts as you exited the elevator, confirming that you had reached the level that Michael had hired out for himself and his crew. The voice belonged to none other than Sheryl Crow, one of Michael's backing singers on tour and your high school friend. You had recommended her to Michael, knowing that she was a talented musician looking for her lucky break in the business, and sure enough, Michael took your advice and hired her. Not a day went by since then that Sheryl didn't vow her eternal debt to you!

"Sheryl! Hey!" you said happily, politely trying to get past the people lining the hotel corridor, a large party seeming to be taking place. Several of the crew members recognised you and greeted you politely, which you returned, thankful when you finally reached Sheryl.

"Girl, I've missed you so much!" Sheryl squealed over the loud music that was playing, trying not to spill her drink as she gave you a tight hug. You giggled at her tipsy state and hugged her back.

"We need to catch up, okay?" Sheryl said firmly and you giggled even more, reassuring her with a nod.

"You're probably wondering where Michael is, huh?" Sheryl asked with a smile once she released you from her grip.

"Yeah, he doesn't know I'm here! It's gonna be a surprise" you said and beamed.

"Aw how cute! I know he'll be so excited to see you, girly. His room is right at the end of the corridor" Sheryl pointed, taking another sip of her drink. 

"Thank you, I'll talk to you properly tomorrow, unless you're seriously hung over" you said teasingly, giving her another hug and laughing at her mock offence. 

"In all the years that we've known each other, Miss Y/N, how many times have you seen me drunk?" Sheryl questioned playfully, crossing her arms before spilling her drink everywhere, making everyone laugh.

"I think it's best I don't answer that" you laughed, shaking your head, amused at your friend's behaviour before heading in the direction that Sheryl told you Michael's room was in.

Once at the door and away from the raucous, you smoothed your jumper and jeans over and fixed your hair before taking a deep breath and knocking on the door. As soon as you did, you heard scrabbling inside and footsteps make the way to the door. Suddenly it swung open, revealing Michael standing there in a white tshirt with a blue button down over the top, paired with a pair of sweatpants. His eyes bulged when he saw you and you broke out into a smile when he rushed to you and embraced you tightly, burying his head in the crook of your neck.

"Hey Michael" you said softly, letting a small giggle escape as you tightened your grip around his torso, rubbing your hands up and down his back slowly.