Chapter 50 Bill, Charlie & Snape

Note: This was not what I expected. They ran away with my plot. 

0o0o0o

After Harry and Hermione had ended their part of the mirror call, Bill tuned to Charlie, "so brother mine, what's up?"

Charlie laughed and said, "brother, if you're going to lie to an empath, and our Harry is a budding empath, you need to be a better liar.

"What did I lie to Harry about?" Bill said, dropping the socks he'd been putting on in surprise.

Charlie levelled a 'seriously?' glare at him, "your friendship with Professor Snape, perhaps?"

"What? No, I didn't, we are friends!" Bill said, picking up his socks again and starting to get dressed for the day (or night as it was soon to be in Nocturne.)

Charlie raised an eyebrow and made an expression that said, 'what do you take me for, a moron? I know what you're not saying!'

Bill huffed, "we're friends."

"You leaked feelings," Charlie said bluntly, "he picked up on it."

"Balls," Bill swore mildly.

"mmhm," Charlie hummed in agreement, "he's also worried about you. Snape's hurt him. He's worried. He'd probably be pissed off if Snape didn't scare him."

"Shit," Bill said, "he scares him? I didn't realise it had gotten that bad. Neither of them have said anything. Severus is so irrational when it comes to Harry! He won't listen reason about it or when I tell him to get him self checked over at Gringotts! The stubborn arsehole!" Bill muttered doing up his waistcoat, "He's not a bad man, you know. He's just screwed up at the moment and is in a tuff bind. He's irrational, especially about Harry. He's not always this bad, which is no excuse. But its more extreme than usual and it's weird, and he ignores it when I mention it and I'm worried," he finished with a huff.

"You're changing the subject," Charlie said, "but yes, I agree, and we've had this conversation before, we'll come back to it. You like him."

"Of course I do, he's my friend!"

Charlie levelled another 'you're an idiot' expression at him and said, "that's not what I mean, and you know it."

"I'm not interested in liking anyone like that!" Bill said, hunting around for his hairbrush.

"William," Charlie said, levelling his bother with an 'I know you' look, "you're interested enough in blokes for the both of us, and we both know it. Don't pretend otherwise I'm pretty sure you got your dose, and my dose of sexual attraction," he said dryly.

Bill snorted, "I like sex," he said without a hint of shame, "and don't call me William." He snapped with no heat, and continued, "consensual no strings attached sex with other guys looking for the same thing is loads fun. I pick nice people; we have fun. It doesn't need to be complicated. Fun doesn't have to stop just because we're adults."

"And I'm glad you have fun, and even gladder that you never share the details," Charlie said, trying to hide his amused distaste.

Bill laughed, tying his ponytail.

There was a pause then a heavy sigh, as Bill said, "What do you want me to say, Charlie?" He asked, "I like Severus. He's my friend. But that's it."

"No, it's not. You're attracted to him," Charlie said bluntly.

Bill winced and flopped back down on his bed now he was fully dressed.

"Well yeah," he said, "I've attracted to a lot of people, Charlie. That doesn't mean I want a relationship, or even want sex with him."