Chapter 93 - Remedial Potions

I'm not dead yet! Yay! (sorry, trauma humour, that was meant to be funny, not disturbing I promise) I spend the vast majority of this year in hardcore therepy for my PTSD, some of witch was in hospital. My doctor is awesome, and I'm doing loads better.

This is a new chapter, last one for a while. So when I got out of hospital the second time I realised I had a few glaringly problematic plot holes meaning a re-write was nessisary to keep the story moving. I have done a total re-write and have written the rest of the book. It just needs editing and proofreading. Problem being I now have over 500,000 words to edit and proof read. As a dyslexic proofreading it to a standard that is reasonable is an incredibly time consuming and stressful task. It takes me the better part of a week to proof a single chapter and I'm up to about 110 chapters. I've edited up to 15 so far...

If anyone is good at or enjoys picking out/correcting spelling and grammar issues and wants to help, (even if it's just for a couple of pages) please let me know. Help would be very much appreciated, I'm downing in words 😄

I know a few of you have offered before, and I either ignored your kind offer or turned you down. No offence was meant, I was (and still am tbh) a somewhat traumatised hermit that can't really people, lol. I wasn't ready, the idea of anyone seeing any of my work unfinished, not perfect work  basically freaked me out pretty badly. I have a had history with spelling mistakes and criticism of it and my Dyslexia. (Therapy has helped, has all of your kind support and encouragement)

So at some point I am going to re-upload each of the current 93 chapters then the new content. But it means there will be a bit of a delay in getting new content out.

Thanks for you patience and all your support, encouragement and kind words about my book!

ONTO THE CHAPTER!

Fred and George brought interesting tidings to the kitchen that night over dinner. They'd had double transfiguration that afternoon. Instead of being taught by McGonagall, it had been taught by Dumbledore. Apparently, no one had seen McGonagall all day. Fred and George regaled them with wild and outlandish rumours circulating as to why she was absent.

Harry wondered if it had anything to do with Professor Snape and Flitwick taking her to Gringotts. No one could remember the stern Professor ever skipping one class, let alone a whole day. Maybe she had been fired, Harry wondered. Though at least Professor Trelawnies offhand prediction about a cat being ill made sense now.

"Dumbledore's not a bad teacher," Fred said.

"-a bit weird and eccentric," George added.

"Very different style from McGonagall, Fred explained.

"He wasn't too pleased by our efforts to lose points," George added darkly.

"The house has defiantly noticed how many points-"

"You're gaining for them-"

"-that we're now losing-"

"-and then some,"

"They seem right pissed off about it too." Fred finished.

"So they finally realise how much they took you two for granted," Neville said to Harry and Hermione.

"And you," Harry said, "you got them 60 points alone in herbology this morning. for answering all those questions and helping everyone."

"They tried to give us a good hexing for it this morning," Fred added gleefully.

"We have them a good duel," George added, sounding pleased.

"Hexed them silly and even lost a boatload of points. Though we now have detention with Filch too-"