15.

"How are you feeling Sophia?", Lennart asked in a kind voice.

I could still sense the guilt he felt for yesterday's accident, but I just did not have it in me right now to reassure him.

My senses were on overload, because not only would my future be decided in a few moments, which had me practically shaking with nerves, but also I could feel the tension in Lennart's office. It was palpable, but I could not understand if it was because Levin and Oliver had explained that they were mates, or if they were going to announce it right now.

Their behaviour towards each other had not seemed different than before when I had entered the office, which let me to believe that they had not told it Levin's parents yet.

I tried to make up my mind if it would bother me if I had to go through all that had happened this moning again. However, my thoughts were almost constantly circling around the topic if I would have to leave.

I squeezed my eyes shut trying to get rid of all the scenarios going through my mind, but one thing was for sure. If I had to return to my pack my parents would find a way to dispose of me. I had no idea if they would do it themselves or if something would happen to me, but I would die. The certainty that accompanied those thoughts shocked me, but what surprised me even more was how no panic attack had yet come. 

My eyebrows furrowed, because deep inside of me I had already trusted Levin and his family. My wolf whimpered in my mind not wanting to get our hopes up.

"Is everything okay Sophia? You're shaking.", Levin's voice ripped me from my thoughts. One of his hands was on my shoulder, but I could not feel the tingles anymore. Did that mean that Levin had finally accepted the bond with Oliver?

My thoughts ran in two different directions right then. On the one side I felt something in me shatter completely, probably my hopes, which where still there, that I could start a new life here in the Crescent Moon pack with Levin. Now there was no chance that this dream would happen, I could not even be sure if I could stay.

On the other side I felt relief, which made no sense at all, but it was there. Why should I be relieved?
I could still feel a bond between Levin and I, but it was not one of lovers. Maybe I felt relieved, because my instant attraction to Levin was gone, which would make a lot of future situations more bearable and would not cause me further pain. Yeah, that must be it.

I smiled at Levin to reassure him and nodded my head. I was definitely not okay, but I promised myself I would be.

I turned my attention back to the conversation Lennart and Levin had apparently held and out of respect to Oliver I turned my body too, so that Levin's hand did not touch me anymore. The relief I felt from Oliver was instant.

I felt really bad for making him feel this stressed out, but only time would convince him that there would never be anything romantic between Levin and I.

"What did you want to tell me son?", Lennart then asked Levin and I heard Levin audible swallow.

I felt more than noticed Levin looking at Oliver and drawing strength from their already forming bond.

"I...Sophia isn't my mate, Oliver is.", Levin rushed out before practically holding his breath. Fear was the most prominent emotion I could detect, while Lennart and Levkin seemed shocked and confused.

I took one second and reflected on Levin's words. Did they hurt me or my wolf? My wolf was fine, not cowering in a corner, but paying attention and feeling okay. Although Levin did somehow reject me in his last sentence I felt nothing. That was not true, I was still worried what would happen to me now, but I did not cause me any pain that I had heard again that Levin did not want me. And I was glad.