The Next Chapter (Volume 4 Chapter 1)

Start from the beginning

"We do not speak of him." She says, to which he bows in apology.

"Apologies..."

Watts then clears his throat and continues.

"My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power, it should have been effortless."

"It is because of the Maiden's power." Salem says, as she looks at Cinder.

"Make no mistake, Cinder, you hold the key to our victory. But your newfound strength brings with it a crippling weakness. Which is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment."

Cinder looks unhappy at this as she looks down, Emerald looking at her leader in sympathy.

"Dr. Watts, you are to take Cinder's place and meet with our informant in Mistral." Salem says as she explains the new change in plans. Watts smiles as he bows his head.

"Very good."

Salem then looks at the crazed man, still crouching on his chair.

"Tyrian, I want you to continue your hunt for the Spring Maiden."

The man, now known as Tyrian, rubs his hands together and laughs.

"Gladly."

"And Hazel..."

Salem looks at the bulky man, now known as Hazel.

"I'm sending you to the leader of the White Fang. Adam Taurus has arranged the meeting. The boy continues to prove loyal. Ensure that Sienna Khan feels the same."

"As you wish." He replies.

Cinder then raises a finger to Emerald to alert her attention. After not noticing it, she lets out an "Oh" and lowers her head down. Cinder then whispers into her ear.

"Speak, child."

Emerald looks up and down before speaking.

"She wants to know... (hesitates) What about the girl and the boy?"

Watts lets out a scoff.

"What about them? Seems to me that this is Cinder's problem, not ours."

Cinder angrily slams her hands on the table, as Watts looks at her with a smile.

"That's enough." Salem says, defusing the tension. "Tyrian?"

"Yes, my lady?"

"Spring can wait. Find the girl AND the boy that did this to Cinder-"

Tyrian then giggles elatedly and claps his hands.

"And bring them to me."

At this, Tyrian freezes. He groans disappointed, pouts, and looks back up to Salem with a shrug.

"Because of your efforts, Beacon has fallen. And Haven will be next."

Everyone rises, all except Hazel, as he looks down uneasy. Salem notices this and looks to him.