Chapter 24: You're Just Like Him

Clary's p.o.v

I joined Will on the couch. When he looked at me his blue eyes were full of lust. It made me uncomfterble.

Will and I were facing each other. I crossed my arms on my chest and raised an eyebrow.

"Go on, talk." I said clinching my teeth.

"The reason I kissed you Is because I love you Clary." He said looking deep into my eyes as if serching for the same love. I love him as a brother and that's how it stays.

"I told you I have a boyfriend and you kissed me. What gives you the right to do that?" I asked pinching my eyebrows together.

"Every right!" Will raised his voice making me flinch slightly. My eyes started to tear up. I was trying to fight back the tears. Will was red with anger.

"I love you as a brother and that's how it's going to stay!" I raised my voice too. Will looked even more red. Just when I thought he would give up, he raised his right hand and back handed me across The face. I gasped. The slap made me fall off the couch and onto my stomach. White hot searing pain shot through my cheek where he hit me. I turned onto my back and sat in a sitting position. I clamped my hand over my cheek. I looked up at Will. I was really angry now. Will looked shocked at what he just did.

He got up and tried to get go me. Hand outstretched. I quickly scooted backward as fast as I could until my back hit a wall. I don't want him touching me ever again. I was shaking my head. It's like he is a completely different person. Will was running his hands through his black hair. I just sat there as far away from him as possible. Will and I used to be best friends. I never thought he would hurt me. He took care of me after Sebastian abused me.

" Clary I-I'm so sorry I didn't mean to do that." Will pleaded.

"Get out Will, now! I never want to see you ever again!" I was now crying. Hard.

" Clary please-" I cut Him off.

"No, you are just like him!" I yelled.

" Don't say that." Will said. He had tears streaming down his face. His blue eyes were vibrant.

"Yes you are! Get out now!" I yelled still crying, pointing to the door with the hand that was not holding my cheek.

Will looked at me pleadingly. Eyes red with tears. He finally gave up and walked out the door, slamming it. I moved my hand from my cheek. I looked at it and I realised that blood was streaming down my face from his slap. He cut me. Just like Sebastian did. They might as well be siblings. It brought back memories. memories I would rather keep hidden. They were of how Sebastian was abusing me. I broke down crying. I pulled my legs up to my chest, Burying my face in my legs. Blood still streaming down my cheek, the tears burned my face but I ignored the searing pain.

Straight away I heard footsteps running into the room. Jace crouched down I front of me. He tried to bring up my face from out of my knees but I wouldn't. I was crying my heart out while blood was streaming down my face like tears.

"Clary sweetie, please. What did he do to you?" Jace pleaded but I could hear the anger in his voice. I finally gave in and lifted my face from my knees, some blood smeared on them. Jace gasped once he saw the blood on my cheek. He quickly pulled me into a hug. Holding me tightly to him as if his life depended on it. He was soothing down my hair. His face buried in the crook of my neck. He kissed it lightly. I tried to match my breathing to his. Breathing in the sent of him. Sunshine and cracked pepper. My heart rate slowed down to normal and I stopped crying. This always worked.

When he pulled back he had tears in his golden eyes. he was scarlet red with anger.

"I'm going to rip his head off for hurting you like that. He freaking slapped you. he's just like Sebastian." Jace looked murderous. I flinched at his name. I Have no doubt Jace would kill Will.

" that's what I told him." I said. A tear rolled down my cheek. Jace lightly wiped it away with his thumb. I flinched because it stung.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jace asked softly. I shook my head. He nodded.

Jace then picked me up brindle-style and carried me to his room. He locked it and gently set me on his bed. I sat up. Jace crouched down and grabbed my foot. He slowly took off my sandles. Once he was done he put them aside, he went to his drawer and started rummaging through it. He then pulled out a grey shirt. He gave it to me and looked at me with sad eyes, they then turned all lovingly. I smiled slightly. He turned around so I could have some privacy. I quickly took off my skirt and top then slipped on the shirt. It went to my mid thigh. It smelled like him. It bought me comfort. Jace then turn back to me and smiled a sad smile. He then took off his shirt and pants, leaving him in just his boxers. Jace jumped over me (I was sitting down) and onto the bed. He moved up to the pillow and laid down, as he was doing that he grabbed my waist, pulling me down with him.

"Oh one second beautiful." Jace said. He jumped up off the bed and into the bathroom. I slid under the covers. I heard spaying water. Jace then walked back into the room with a damp cloth. I sat up again. He sat in front of me and lightly put the warm damp cloth to my cheek which has now dried up blood on it from my cut. i flinched because it stung.

"I'm sorry beautiful." Jace said while gently cleaning up my face. I shook my head and smiled. Jace smiled and looked at me lovingly. I love him so much. But I'm just not ready to tell him yet. He kissed my forehead.

Once Jace was finished, he lightly put the back of his hand on my cheek to make sure no more blood came out. He looked proud of himself and admired his work. He then walked back to the bathroom and put the cloth in the bin.
He walked back into the room and carefully slid under the covers. Jace lightly grabbed my waist and pulled me down with him. My head was laying on his chest. I could hear his heart beat. I outstretched my arm on his stomach and interlaced our fingers. His arm was gripping my waist tightly as if he never wanted to let me go, ever. I slowly lifted my head up to look at him. He looked sad and angry. He bent down and kissed me long and passionate. I pulled back and Jace smiled. I know for a fact that Jace would never hurt me or any girl. Because he loves me and I love him. I put my head back onto his chest.

"I love you." Jace said. I smiled. because my head was resting on his chest he would be able to feel it. I kissed his chest before We both fell into a deep slumber.