She grabbed her textbook and crept down the stairs slowly. Whoever it was knocked again; someone sure was eager! Rachel stood at the door and raised her textbook over her head. She slowly unlocked the door and whipped it open. Her textbook was in mid air ready to come crashing down on the intruders head when the smell of alcohol hit her nose. She looked up and saw Jakob standing there grinning.

Rachel narrowed her eyes at him, “What are you doing here?” she snapped at him; somewhat relived it wasn’t a stranger.

Jakob grinned and scratched his head, ‘I think I am a little- um, uh drunk?” he slurred taking a few steps toward Rachel.

Rachel huffed and gripped his elbow, “You are more than a little drunk Jakob Brendan,” she pulled him into the living room and pushed him down on the couch. He grunted and flopped over on his side. “Gosh Jake, how much did you drink?”

Jakob snorted and threw his hand over the side of the couch, “Teehee, I lost track, who are you?” he asked sounding a bit like a little kid.

Rachel shook her head; she had never seen him this bad. Was it wise for them to be together alone? It was just Jakob, but she still couldn’t shake the uneasy feeling. She couldn’t send him home now, he was way too drunk, and it wasn’t necessarily safe for her to be out driving alone at this time whether she was eighteen or not. “Jakob why are you at my house?” she asked ignoring his last question.

“Why because I love you Ray-Ray!” He exclaimed.

Rachel knew he was way too intoxicated to know what he was saying, “That is not the reason why Jake, who dropped you off here?” she asked going to peek out the front window.

“I don’t knooooow,” he slurred tossing to his other side, “I am sleepy, oh pooh I don’t feel so well.” He suddenly sat straight up and leaned over the back of the couch. Rachel knew what was coming and made a mad dash towards the kitchen. She grabbed the nearest pot and thrust it underneath Jakob’s head. He emptied his stomach and fell back onto the couch.

Rachel set the pot down and grabbed a wet rag, she sat down and gently wiped his face with it, “Go to sleep Jakob, I will take you home tomorrow.” Jakob made no protest as he sunk into the cushion of the couch.

Rachel placed the rag in the washing machine and disposed of the pot. She walked back by Jakob to make sure he was okay. Seeing he was asleep, she got off of the ground and walked towards the stairs.

“Rachel?” Jakob called after her.

Rachel sighed and walked back over to him; kneeling by his side she grabbed his hand, “Yes Jake?”

“Stay with me,” he murmured; keeping his eyes closed.

Rachel sighed but made no argument. He would probably get sick more than once that night, she might as well stay by his side in case he needed help.

She walked over to the hall closest and grabbed a couple of blankets; she placed one over Jakob and laid down on the ground covering herself with the other. Her mother’s day off was tomorrow which meant she wouldn’t wake up until late that morning. It would give Rachel just enough time to take Jakob home before her mother discovered he had come over. It wasn’t that she wanted to lie to her mother about Jakob spending the night; it was just the fact that Jakob had been drinking, a lot at that. She had a feeling her mother wouldn’t be too happy. Rachel felt somewhat guilty about hiding it from her mother, but it wasn’t like they had done anything wrong so what was the point? He was just staying here so he didn’t have to drive home drunk.

Jakob sat up again and groaned; Rachel tossed the blanket off of herself and grabbed the pot. Jakob bent over the pot and emptied his stomach once again.  He moaned a bit before crashing back onto the couch. Rachel groaned, this was going to be a very long night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2- This chapter was a lot easier for me to write than the first one was, so that's a good thing!  What do you guys think of the characters so far?

  So today, during my quiet time I was praying for God to give me patience. Patience is something I have been praying for for a  VERY long time! I finished my quiet time and stepped out into a very loud and busy kitchen. The first thing I did upon seeing my three younger sibling fighting, was snap at them! I snapped at them and turned back into my room. I sat down on my bed thinking, "God, why did you not give me Patience?" The answer was pretty immediate, "Ashleigh, I cant give you patience if you aren't willing to use patience in the setting I have put you in" he seemed to say to me.

That was a big "Ah-Ha!" moment for me as I realized I cant have patience if I am not willing to practice it! I tend to just throw the towel in as soon as something proves itself to be harder than I expected.  So, what I have learned today is to practice things throughout the circumstances God has put me through. He has a plan and knows exactly what he is doing!